Field Command 2 : Choose Battle (Please read before you vote)

• Yik Lin - I have one idea for your product that may help it sell better.

Could you match the countries’ color scheme to line up with the Axis & Allies series? In other words, British/Tan, US/Green, etc.

Such alignment with a globally popular game can only help to expand your sales. Let me know what you think.

• Yes i agree 100%. Its a simple move and makes it work for other purposes.

Also the planes and tanks need to be in line to AA standard ( planes larger, tanks smaller)

And to save money on the special units ( ones that have red paint on base) just use a counter that you place under the unit to indicate elite status.

• Exactly as Imperious Leadear suggested - he was able to articulate what I thought was the best move.

Let us know, if you can - this really means a lot to us!

• I wish both of these companies could work together…

They could make the new ANZAC pieces and Japanese as well as ? and take some of the burden from FMG.

Then both make common games that appeal to mass market.

The Singapore company could make a new pacific game ( with ships)
    FMG could make a Europe game

• Fmg why are you centered on the pacific, do get me wrong I love your knew idea but will you ever do any Europe or is field command a pacific game.

• FMG has nothing to do with this series - he is just the distributor.

The manufacturer, WorldsForge, is based in Singapore - hence the Pacific influence.

• '10

@reloader-1:

FMG has nothing to do with this series - he is just the distributor.

The manufacturer, WorldsForge, is based in Singapore - hence the Pacific influence.

This is correct.  FMG is the North American Distributor for WF.  We are just doing all we can to promote this great series that we enjoyed emensley.  The quality of these games is the highest I have ever seen in a board game.

• '10

bump We need more votes!

(This was posted on the AAAmini forum and had 120 views with only 5 votes! We need more input please.  Vote if you have not)

• I will say this for the second time. I would like all three.

• Part of this lack of votes is probably referring to the fact that these games are really niche topics.

These chaps in Singapore love these small battle games, but the universal truth is people want the larger battles. They want Barbarossa, African Campaign, Midway.

Second the game system is a bit different and the maps are ‘different’

If they want to go large they have to do games with battles that are large.

Leyte Gulf is kinda near Singapore… perhaps since they already made Australian pieces… they could do an “invasion of Australia” game

All i can tell you is aside from some nice pieces, that last game does not get me wanting to replay the game too much… because of the topic is so narrow.

• I voted for Iwo Jima, but actually I would much prefer Guadalcanal because of the terrific struggle for control of the sea lanes, the major supply issues for both sides, etc.  I also wouldn’t mind a game that simulated the British/Japanese struggles in Burma.

• Ok i have a new idea:

Make all three battles from one game.

Base rules that apply to all games

Then specific folders for each battle with rules just for them

Double sided map with the three islands

SPI used to make what they called Quadragames featuring four important but small battles and they made one for the pacific.

I guess you could make a forth Tarawa and split the double sided map into halfs.

If they make a game with just one of these small battles it wont draw enough buyers.

• @Imperious:

Ok i have a new idea:

Make all three battles from one game.

Base rules that apply to all games

Then specific folders for each battle with rules just for them

Double sided map with the three islands

SPI used to make what they called Quadragames featuring four important but small battles and they made one for the pacific.

I guess you could make a forth Tarawa and split the double sided map into halfs.

If they make a game with just one of these small battles it wont draw enough buyers.

I mostly agree. I like how they are focusing on the pacific but I would prefer they inlcude lots of small battle in one game (like memoir 44/tides of iron) or focus on larger campaigns. They should remake there singapore 1942 game  to include the entire mayala invasion and then make a south pacfic campaign game. I also like the idea of midway and leyte gulf.

• Yes they can do the next one as: Midway, Leyte Gulf, and coral sea as one game using the same pieces.

You could even include the Dec 7th attack at Hawaii in a smaller format.

I would buy 6 of these.

But i cant see myself buying “attack on Iwo Jima”  Its just not really fun dealing with such a small battle for an island unless it includes lots of plastic pill boxes and other bits.

• '10

Some great ideas here guys!

Voting closes Aug 1st

• Thanks, everyone, for your comments.  We are reading every post and giving each serious consideration.

@finnman:

why are you centered on the pacific, do get me wrong I love your knew idea but will you ever do any Europe or is field command a pacific game.

We do intend to do a battle in the Europe theatre.  In fact, that was our original intention.  The reason we choose these three battles is partly due to the renewed interest in the Pacific Theatre following from HBO’s The Pacific series.  It doesn’t have much to do with where we’re based and we don’t intend for the Field Command series to be restricted to Asia or the Pacific.

@FieldMarshalGames:

Voting closes Aug 1st

Actually, voting closes on 15 Aug (Sun).  Votes for multiple battles are allowed on our main voting webpage: http://www.worldsforge.com/fieldcommand/fc2_vote.php

Have a great weekend!

Yik Lin
    WORLDSFORGE

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m