• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Is there a way we could take all the rules issues and Krieg’s answers and start compiling them into rules errata? I’m sure IL has already done this…

• @Variable:

Is there a way we could take all the rules issues and Krieg’s answers and start compiling them into rules errata? I’m sure IL has already done this…

Fantastic idea VARIABLE. +1

I could do it tomorrow when I have time, but still stuck at work today…

• Official Q&A

I will be doing this within a day or so, as soon as I have final approval on the wording of the errata and answers.

• TripleA '12

That’s great news; thank you Krieghund.  :-)

@Krieghund:

I will be doing this within a day or so, as soon as I have final approval on the wording of the errata and answers.

Always best direct from the source. I just didn’t want to assume you had time right now with the new release and holiday’s etc…

Thank you!

• @Variable:

@Krieghund:

Always best direct from the source. I just didn’t want to assume you had time right now with the new release and holiday’s etc…

Thank you!

They should have took the time before they released the product.

• @Brain:

@Variable:

@Krieghund:

Thank you!

They should have took the time before they released the product.

What?!?!  :?
    And let Krieghund languish with nothing to do?!?

• I love this new version. I’ve only had time for one game but looking forward to the new year.

This version is a complete mismatch in quality. It’s half BMW, half Yugo. The boards are awesome - the fold doesn’t bother me. I love the new pieces although I like everyone else wish they had included more Japanese Tac Bombers.

Of all of the things that most disappointed, the number of rules problems is #1 and frankly, least forgivable since from a project planning perspective these should have been well blindtested and then locked, and not subject to manufacturing logistics issues. There were definitely sections where it took some serious work to figure out the designer’s intent. When old AAE changed the cruiser/destroyer bombardment, that was just not that big a deal. Furthermore, that change emerged from the sort of repeated play that might not be possible prior to release. But can you imagine someone showing up at a convention without checking these boards,  a paper copy only and well planned strategy?

Ah well. Perhaps we can appeal to WotC to put a copy of the formal AAP errata in the AAE boxes, and well, not make so many mistakes on AAE.

@TinkerGnome:

Ah well. Perhaps we can appeal to WotC to put a copy of the formal AAP errata in the AAE boxes, and well, not make so many mistakes on AAE.

That’s actually the best idea I’ve heard yet to get the message out to people not on the board. I wish I could +1 you. Can somebody handle that for me?

HEY WOTC, are you listening?

• You can also use Stuka’s from the old editions, just paint them orange.

• Paint me orange? :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m