• @djensen:

I think I’ve answered this one already.

@Brain:

Post the rule book.

Must have missed it in all this posting traffic.

• I am from Holland and I picked up the game today.
    I find the diplomacy rules quite confusing.
    What I understand is that UK/ANZAC can attack Japan first (after Japan left them alone on its own turn) and when they do they are at war with Japan but USA is not at war with Japan. BUT if Japan counterattacks UK/ANZAC after that they automatically drag the USA into the war. That cannot be right???
    Can someone shade a light on this for me?

• Official Q&A

Japan may certainly defend itself if it is attacked.  It is free to attack UK or ANZAC without provoking war with the US, as long as Japan was attacked by them first.  This will be in the FAQ.

• Ok, thanks Krieghund. This makes a lot more sense. The rulebook is rather unclear on this point.

• Krieg I have a question regarding airbases/scramble. From what i understand an island is a 1 territory surrounded by 1 sea zone. Japan is an island and Australia is not. I’m ok with that. I see Australia as very large and is considered a continent anyway.
    What I was wondering about is the Euro side (I know I’m jumping the gun.) By this rule UK would not be able to scramble.(2 tt multiple sz). Size wise Japan and England are comparable.  Most consider them both to be island nations. Is there going to be an exception, as the UK was very good at defending its coast with the RAF. Especially when you consider its radar was much more advanced then Japans lack there of.

On a side note are there going to be any wep dev involving bases. It would be really cool if say radar now allowed you to scramble from any airbase to def land/sea that is adjacent. I know that would be very powerful, but would be self limiting due # of bases.

• Official Q&A

@WILD:

I know I’m jumping the gun.

Yup, I’m afraid so.  Sorry, I can’t answer that right now.  :-(

• Well at least it leaves the door open for now. :-D

• from what ive read from larry….UK will be two territiories
    id prefer it to be one, for scrambling purposes

• Hopefully there’ll be a rule

• Official Q&A

@JohnBarbarossa:

Ok, thanks Krieghund. This makes a lot more sense. The rulebook is rather unclear on this point.

Yes, it is.  Unfortunately, a very important phrase was left out of the final edit:

However, any combat movements against British, Dutch, ANZAC, or American territories, troops, or ships by the Japanese (unless they are attacked first) will bring all of the Allied powers into the war.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Don’t forget convoys.

• I’m assuming that if Japan takes New Hebrides before J4, that’s also a declaration of war on the Allies?

• @hyogoetophile:

I’m assuming that if Japan takes New Hebrides before J4, that’s also a declaration of war on the Allies?

I don’ think so, they can invade FIC without declaring war.

• Founder TripleA Admin

French Indo-China is the only territory that can be invaded without declaring war on the Allies.

@bennyboyg:

@hyogoetophile:

I’m assuming that if Japan takes New Hebrides before J4, that’s also a declaration of war on the Allies?

• @Craig:

@Brain:

@djensen:

I think I’ve answered this one already.

@Brain:

Post the rule book.

Must have missed it in all this posting traffic.

Quote from: Brain Damaged on December 05, 2009, 09:10:55 am
    djensen should post a copy of the rulebook.

And risk never getting an advance copy ever again? No way. Sorry guys. I will try to write up a rules differences guide before release (I hope).

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15884.msg530265#msg530265

Thanks Yope,

But what is wrong with posting the rule book?

• @djensen:

French Indo-China is the only territory that can be invaded without declaring war on the Allies.

@bennyboyg:

@hyogoetophile:

That’s strange, they can invade the French territory that has IPC value but not the one that’s worthless?

• Keeps the game true to it’s roots, WWII. And from what I know, once turn three is completed, regardless of how the game is going, everyone automatically declares war on Japan.

• @maverick_76:

Keeps the game true to it’s roots, WWII. And from what I know, once turn three is completed, regardless of how the game is going, everyone automatically declares war on Japan.

A launching pad that close to Australia early game without declaring war could be incredibly useful though.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this has already been addressed, but can you make a NB or AB in a territory the turn you acquire it?

• FIC was Vichy France and alowed Japan install bases and enter troops

French Pacific islands were Free France so it has sense they don’t allow Japan enter

• @Funcioneta:

FIC was Vichy France and alowed Japan install bases and enter troops

French Pacific islands were Free France so it has sense they don’t allow Japan enter

Ok thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m