• '10

per Krieghund:

These territories will be undefended.  Japan can claim them for free if it does so quickly enough.

• You know I took it that way the 1st time I read it but now I’m not sure if Krieg was talking about the Russians or the 2 French territories.

@Krieghund:

@Tralis:

A: The USSR spaces in AAP40 are said to be completely off limits unless playing AAG40. Obiously there is no USSR player in just AAP40. That’s all well and good. What about France? Two of the spaces on the board are French, one of which was historically conquered by the Japanese. France can’t be a player, but it has to be able to be attacked. Anyone know how this is going to be done? I would assume it would have peices just sitting there, except what color would those peices be? Would they include French peices in the Pacific set just for Indochina?

These territories will be undefended.  Japan can claim them for free if it does so quickly enough.

• Now I think he was defiantly talking about the French, sorry for the miss info.

• Official Q&A

Yup, just the French territories.  Soviet territories are off-limits.

• How are you guys handling France? I hear France is an independant country as far as rules are concerned, but it seems odd to have a fully independant power there to be conquered so quickly. Is it such that another player controls France, sort of like China/US?

• Official Q&A

Yes, it’s an independent power, but it will be controlled by either the UK or US player.  Having your capital in enemy hands for most of the game would make for a pretty boring time.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Therefore, in AAP40 French IPCs are British or American IPCs yet in the European and Global games they will be played by a seperate player.

But there was mention that the Dutch territories did not function like the French in AAP40.

They will therefore either be defended by some force (unlikely)

or their IPC value will not be recorded in with annother power.

What’s up with the Dutch?

• Thanks for yet another quick response Krieg about the French/Russian thing. I wouldn’t want the wrong info put out confusing things more in this area.

• So Japan will get some undeserved freebies eh?

• looks that way

• They should just let the ANZAC player play the French also.

• The French Indo China was under Vichy rule after the fall of Paris. Vichy allowed a partial Japanese occupation. There where some minor skirmishes but for the most part control was given to Japan with out much of a fight. It looks like Larry is going to mimic this buy putting no forces there. It also allows him to avoid the “Vichy” thing. Besides I still think they’re going to use the (French) blue for the Dutch in AA40p. That would allow the Japs to invade the Dutch w/out bringing the US into the war, as the Dutch won’t be a neutral or controlled by the UK, or Anzac at the beginning anyway. The only other way to handle the Dutch would be to also leave them defenseless.

• netherland and belgian colonies will be controlled by UK
    i can tell because the colour of east indies is same as india and such ;)

• Good observation, if you are correct.

• From the set up cards that Djensen posted, it looks like the Dutch Islands won’t be defended. I still think Japan will be able to invade them and collect income if they do it early (before UK/Anzac get forces there). I would think such a move would not bring the US into the war. We’ll have to wait til he posts the rules (or details of early moves in his weekend game) to find out for sure. I would think UK would take control when liberated (color on map as mentioned before).

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I’m pretty sure BILL is right. Japan will be able to take the Dutch colonies without consequence. Otherwise there would be nothing neutral (except China) for Japan to attack and no need to keep the US out of the war for the first few turns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m