L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (A+15), BM4, game #2

• @pejon_88 I would have more :face_with_cowboy_hat:

• @pejon_88 And I would like to know how many fighters you would have if they still cost 12. They should probably be at least 11, seriously

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Haha ok!

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Hmm, yeah get that point of view.

• I was very surprised and a bit relieved when you bought a couple of Japan fighters really early. But now I know you are experienced at operating with above average sized airforces. If BM3 and bombers were 12, I would have even bigger problems before now because German bombers are a nightmare. My impression was that is why they went to 14, but someone (maybe you) said it was more because of America.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 No, from what I’ve heard it was to mitigate Dark Skies with Germany.

• OK, that’s what I suspected. Too powerful when they can reach 91 and deep into Russia, and North Africa all at the same time.

• 2023 '22

Round: 11

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 armour, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 7 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 5 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Paulau Island
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Guam
            2 fighters moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to 34 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to 34 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Hunan to 21 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
                  Japanese take 17 Sea Zone from Americans
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 34 Sea Zone to Paulau Island
            1 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Kwangtung to 20 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 21 Sea Zone to Guam
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Anhwe to Chahar
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Chahar
            2 fighters moved from Manchuria to Chahar
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to Shensi
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Shensi
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Szechwan
                  Japanese take Szechwan from Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Japan to 22 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Japan to 34 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 21 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport
                ANZAC defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 21 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 transport
            Battle in 22 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 22 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 22 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1,17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 22 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 22 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in 34 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport
                Americans defend with 1 transport; ANZAC defend with 1 cruiser
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 cruiser and 1 transport in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the ANZAC, 1 submarine owned by the Japanese and 1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 34 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 2 fighters, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 13
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 cruiser
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in 46 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 46 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 46 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 46 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Paulau Island
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Paulau Island, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Paulau Island, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Paulau Island
                Japanese win, taking Paulau Island from Americans with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Guam
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 airfield; ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Guam, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Guam, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Guam
                Japanese win, taking Guam from Americans with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
            Battle in Chahar
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Chahar, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 2,50 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 2 infantry in Chahar, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Chahar
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Chahar, round 3 : 2/5 hits, 2,50 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Chahar, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Chahar
                Japanese win with 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Shensi
                Japanese attack with 2 bombers and 1 infantry
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Shensi, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Shensi, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Shensi
                Japanese win, taking Shensi from Chinese with 2 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 34 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter moved from 34 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 46 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Paulau Island to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 21 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Guam to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 22 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Hopei to Kweichow
            2 infantry moved from Kwangsi to French Indo China
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Hunan
            1 aaGun, 4 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Yunnan to French Indo China
            2 infantry moved from Kwangtung to Kwangsi
            3 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            2 bombers moved from Shensi to French Indo China
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Hunan to Kwangsi
            1 fighter moved from Kiangsu to Japan
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to Kwangtung
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Chahar to Manchuria
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Chahar to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Chahar to Kiangsu

Place Units - Japanese
            1 destroyer and 1 transport placed in 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Kwangtung
            2 fighters placed in Japan
            3 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            Japanese undo move 5.
            Japanese undo move 4.
            Japanese undo move 3.
            Japanese undo move 2.
            Japanese undo move 1.
            1 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 destroyer and 1 transport placed in 36 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Kwangtung
            3 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            2 fighters and 2 infantry placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 59 PUs; end with 59 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : -0,33
    Americans regular : 0,17
    Japanese regular : -2,17

J11.tsvg

I edited 2 inf for a sub since I bought wrong from what was planned. It can easily be seen, I think. If you disagree, change back to the 2 inf.

• You placed 2 ships at FIC where the 2 infantry might have gone, and could have placed the destroyer/transport at 6 instead of 2 infantry in Japan.

But

You rarely ask for edits and graciously told me I could just edit it if I want. I like to get a little leniency too. The dice didn’t have much to do with it, either. And because you move so fast, I definitely allow it.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, I know it was is water tight. Just meant from how I played previous round and the reasonable ship buy at SZ6 when Allies control Caroline Islands. Thanks!

• You bet, no problem, and I won’t hold it against you later if you deny me an edit

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Thanks! Although you’re probably on the safe side. Once I let Simon33 put up a blocker which was a matter of win or not for the Japanese.

• Yeah, like if I had forgot to put the ANZ cruiser out there. Obvious intent, but immediate game ending :slightly_smiling_face:

• I’m lucky it didn’t get smoked by the sub, btw

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Well on 33% risk. I was very happy keeping the other sub or losing any planes.

• I have to meet a 3/31 deadline and my back suddenly went out Saturday. Lots of pain, and I have this big job to finish up. I work alone, so no one else can do it. I should be fine, but don’t know when I will move next, sorry

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 oh I hope you’re still able to move about somewhat? What do you work with? Thanks for the heads up.

• A lot better today, so glad to be back to work. My massage therapist is awesome, and I did a good job of resting, hehe. I do financial audits for small towns, and this one’s new to me and wasn’t audited last year, so it’s a challenge. All that tense thinking and sitting in a chair.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Ok, understand. Take your time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m