• so, how long does a game take?

-'41 with NO’s
    -'41 without NO’s
    -'42 with NO’s
    -'42 without NO’s

please, cause me and my friends want to play the game, but we lack very much time

• Our group did 1 game of 1942 w/o NO’s and in 6 hours we got to 4th round (first time playing).  Axis victory.

1941 w/o NO’s took about 4 hours and it was only round 1 (first time playing this scenario).  No victory for anyone too early to call.

It’s a great game but takes up a lot of time even w/o NO’s.

• I’ve only played with NO’s but in both the 41 and 42 setup, every single game has taken 6 hours +/- 1/2 hour.

• I’ve played many games and the time ranges from around 5-6 hours to 2 or 3 games I’ve played that lasted over 20 hours, but do you know what? those real long games have turned out to be some of the best ones, we just stop playing after a round then pick it up again later and keep going,

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Beginners take TWICE as long as Experts.

NO’s makes the game FASTER because these IPC’s usually allow whoever is winning to continue winning, and get the job done faster.

If you want to improve your game time, make people BUY before thier turn, so Purchases are ready, and time thier moves,  3 min Combat Moves, 3 min Non combat, or 5 min, or whatever.

Allow dice rolling to go as per needed.  Cut distracting chatter down.

If you can 6 turns in within an hour, you’re doing good,  that will get you in 4 or 5 hours, quite close to a game completion.

Also keep in mind that the Opening moves are often much longer then subsequent turns.  So it should speed up as it goes along.

• The fun comes from the chat you get with your friends. Don’t cut that!!!

Otherwise, I agree. Be more efficient. Make your buys before your turn. Try to get an idea of what you will do, and what your allies are doing

Robert

• @Gargantua:

Beginners take TWICE as long as Experts.

NO’s makes the game FASTER because these IPC’s usually allow whoever is winning to continue winning, and get the job done faster.

If you want to improve your game time, make people BUY before thier turn, so Purchases are ready, and time thier moves,  3 min Combat Moves, 3 min Non combat, or 5 min, or whatever.

Allow dice rolling to go as per needed.  Cut distracting chatter down.

If you can 6 turns in within an hour, you’re doing good,  that will get you in 4 or 5 hours, quite close to a game completion.

Also keep in mind that the Opening moves are often much longer then subsequent turns.  So it should speed up as it goes along.

thanks for the tips!

but i think '42 without NO’s is shortest
    with NO’s = more units = more dice rolling and moving and such
    and '42 so japan doesn’t need to conquer entire pacific again, and all countries can do something cause they start with more

• Make sure you don’t sacrifice your game for the sake of playing fast especially on the Eastern Front as those desicions are critical to winning.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

dont eorry about sacrificing your “game” too much.

just worry about sacrificing the “fun” or your friends might never play again :p

• I would suggest downloading ABattlemap from the sticked thread. At the end of the session record the position of units on the board and save. This will allow you to reset the board to the correct state at the next session and carry on from there.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Between 9 and 15 rounds on average.

It comes down to how well a player can forecast what he wants when it is not his or her turn and what options you have going.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m