• Official Q&A

Is this an English language edition?  I have heard of some quality problems with games printed in other languages.

• the one on the box is correct by my AAR game cards

• Some of the stuff on the box is right. The Brits don’t have a Battleship in the Indian Ocean, The Germans don’t have a Battleship in the Baltic. There might be a web page that has the setup listed. Triple A and Game Table Online both have versions of the game that can be played online so you can copy their starting setups.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How long has that thing been sitting on the Shelf at the store?

My copy of revised, that I bought when it FIRST came out, had different prices for different countries,  but I never noticed any starting placement errors…

Perhaps you’re not reading the Sea-Zone’s right on the map?  Or they aren’t typed on correctly?

• I have correctly read the sea zone, several times actualy ^^

My game is a french version.

I’m just beginning to play online on GTO facebook application, so i’m writing down on a piece of paper the right start up ^^.

• Official Q&A

@Parpass:

My game is a french version.

Yes, this is one of the versions that has errors.

You can also get the setup information here: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=6226.0

and (if you’ve got really good eyes) you may be able to make out the correct sea zone numbers on this map: http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/images/aabigmap.jpg

• I’m glad to hear that is an “official mistake” ^^

Thaks for your help, all of you  :lol:

• So I had another question.  Where are the White Surrender pieces for the French in this game?  Is my set incomplete?

• @BinNYC:

So I had another question.  Where are the White Surrender pieces for the French in this game?  Is my set incomplete?

France is not a playable nation on Revised and there are no White Surrender pieces.

• BinNYC,

Are you talking about the Annivrsry Game as I think the French surrender in that version, not the revised 2nd.  You can post under that forum.  Although I do not know much about the foreign language editions, perhaps they have different rules and pieces?

Happy Gaming!
    D2

• @Hobbes:

@BinNYC:

So I had another question.  Where are the White Surrender pieces for the French in this game?  Is my set incomplete?

France is not a playable nation on Revised and there are no White Surrender pieces.

Thank you so much for the clarification.  Although this is quite disappointing as I really want to re-enact the French Surrender as many time as possible.  Maybe I will try the Anniversary Edition or the old Xeno board.

• BinNYC,

I see your point, I too have wanted to re-enact the surrender as well.  I think it was an important part of the historical play.  There should be a point when what ever country frees the French from German Occupation, the white surrender pieces are replaced by whichever country saves them.  ( ei, green if its US, Tan if its UK, Red and White if its Switzerland, Orange if its just one guy named Ron, et… )

Let me know if you find an expanded edition with revised rules to allow.

Doug2

• I have a expansion set in my closet that I bought in probably '94-'96 that starts around '40 and has rules for how and when Russia and US enter the war.  When Germany takes France, you roll a die to determine whether French territories + troops are either Vichy or Free French, and whether the French Navy is Vichy, Free or scuttled.  ( I think the Free French are played by the UK).  Haven’t played it in years.  I think it was by Xeno Games and called “The World at War”.  Also had destroyers and some other cool changes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m