USA movement 1939 start help please

• Hey there, on the USA sheet it says at 35 IPP The US can move ships in the pacific, so before that the fleet has to remain stationary?

What about the Atlantic? Also at 63 IPP they can move ships between them, so before that the ships in the Atlantic have to stay there?

But, can the Atlantic fleet fart around where ever it wants on that side of the board? I couldn’t find the restrictions stated in the book, only on the reference card.

Are there other US restrictions, like having to spend a certain number of IPP per side of the board if one person controls the nation?

Thanks for your help!

1. Yes, the Pacific fleet cannot move until the peacetime US economy reaches 35 IPP or send units to the Pacific Islands. You can start building new ships and land or air units on the West Coast if you want to, but that’s about it.

2. Yes, the Atlantic fleet may move about freely at the start of the game, but cannot perform convoy duty until 35 IPP and cannot go the the Pacific side of the USA until 63 IPP (Wartime Economy).

3. No, there are no restrictions on which side of the board the USA may place new units, except for the ships that start on the Multi-Stage Production Chart, which must be placed as indicated in the Set-Up of the National Reference Sheet. Otherwise, the player decides where to focus the war effort.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I’d always made an assumption that US ships on the Pacific state borders at SZ29 and SZ64 could move up and down the US coast between those two territories as they wanted. It’s not much, but people might have their reasons. That might have been too bold an assumption though.

• For Global War 1939-1945, the United States National Reference Sheet (v.3.3) is quite clear that you need 35 IPP before you “May move ships in the Pacific”. There are no exception for US coastal sea zones.

I think that you are confusing with the A&A Global 40 rules where there is such a restriction in the Atlantic Ocean:

“… while it’s not at war with Japan, the United States may not move any units into or through China or end the movement of its sea units in sea zones that are adjacent to Japan-controlled territories. While not at war with Germany or Italy, the United States may end the movement of its sea units on the Europe map only in sea zones that are adjacent to U.S. territories, with one exception: U.S. warships (not transports) may also conduct long-range patrols into sea zone 102…”

It’s hard to rid ourselves of A&A habits in this game.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Oh no, not confusing at all. Was truly just an assumption made haha. But you are right that there are very specific movement rules from A&A Global. I’m sure that at least in part colored my assumptions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m