Need Help w/ 1941 Germany Please!

• Thanks for the advice everyone.  This last Saturday we played a game, I was Japan and a friend of mine was playing Germany.  We won!  Germany and Japan met in Moscow (Rd. 5 or 6, don’t quite remember) and the Allied players threw in the towel.  Granted, Russia was being played by a novice and GB & US player was drunk, but we won nevertheless!  Germany had to do a lot of baiting & switching in the Eastern front to pull it off.

• Hmm-
      Insuring that my opponents are all drunk or brand new to the game-its a strategy that hadn’t occurred to me. :-D :lol:

• Axis needs all the help it can get!  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

an axis bid in 41 will be the standard soon

• You know, some of us think allied bid will be needed soon or after. There are more in the game than the classical KGF and Godzilla into Moscow tactics …

Try Polar Express (japs massive landings in Alaska area), so USA will be too busy to reinforce Africa. Fight USA in America, not in Europe, gain Africa for uncle Benito and make new-in-this-game axis economic advantage  :-P win the game for you

• @Funcioneta:

You know, some of us think allied bid will be needed soon or after. There are more in the game than the classical KGF and Godzilla into Moscow tactics …

Try Polar Express (japs massive landings in Alaska area), so USA will be too busy to reinforce Africa. Fight USA in America, not in Europe, gain Africa for uncle Benito and make new-in-this-game axis economic advantage  :-P win the game for you

EXACTLY!

• Played a game again last night, only got through two rounds, but from what happened I’m starting to think the game is more balanced than I previously thought.  We played WITH NO’s this time, rather than without, and I found that it makes a massive difference.  It started to look a lot like Revised, as far as national economies and general mechanics go, which was a relief. Axis is doing very well (we’ve taken Africa unchallenged, control Karelia and most of North USSR and are putting a lot of pressure on Caucasus, and Italy took India and the Mid-East), although the Atlantic Allied presence is troubling, not to mention that Britain got Heavy Bombers and the US got Super Subs and has designs on the Pacific.  Looks like a very even game, albeit with a looming possibility of Allies coming out on top due to Britain’s new bombing capacity.

So in short - use NO’s & play smart and the game is balanced!

• i agree with Neems. the NO’s add goals that put off going directly for another nations capital. and the re-designed Tech rules make things much more interesting

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@tcnance:

an axis bid in 41 will be the standard soon

I think it’s too soon for declarations like this.

We all thought that the axis were way too powerful in 1941 when the game just came out.  Now we all think the allies are too powerful.

I think we might find that the game is balanced, it is only for lack of imagination and/or luck of the dice that one side prevails and the other does not.  (Lack of imagination does not mean you are stupid, it means you could not think of a way to beat your opponent.)

• i think it’s fairly balanced to be honest. i’ve seen both sides win, and i’ve won with both sides. anyone who thinks one side has a much larger advantage needs to play the game a lot more  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m