Allies Round 1/2 strategy UK IPC in East Indies

• Hey guys,

I’m very new to AA50, but I wanted to run a strat by you veterans to see what you think.

Playing as the allies, this all depends of course on what Germany does on it’s first turn, but the strat of the axis on the last time I played was for germany to focus it’s attack entirely on Russia. Here is my thought:

UK1 - buy factory, 2 ftr, 1 dd
    Combat - dd + ct with tank in s9 plus ca + dd in s12 attack transport/gibralter (if units there). I know only tank can attack land units, but it puts a small navy there and takes out the ct.

• dd/bb/ct from UK attack s7 to get rid of the subs

Non-Combat - move everything in SA into Egypt

• fly 2 fighters to CV in s13 for defense and to attack gibralter if you didn’t kill units from round 1
    • fly egypt plane and transport  2inf from India to East Indies for defense along with the dd
    • move ct, dd, and ss under Australia to s39 and s40
      Build factory in East Indies. You have 2 inf, 1 ftr, 1 destroyer as defense, and only 1 enemy dd can reach you in J1

US1 - buy ftrs in EUS, or bombers in WUS

Non-Combat - move transport/dd ct with inf/tank S1

• move 2 bombers in US and 1 fighter to UK
    • move fighter on WUS to a/c in s44

UK2 - buy 2 CV 1 ftr
    combat - attack navy in s5 along with naval assault on Finland if there are troops. If no troops, then just take out the navy. Use the 2 ftrs you built from r1, the bomber from Uk, the 2 destroyers, and 1 battleship, plus transport if you do a naval assault.

• attack gibralter with fighters and loaded CT that was in s2 if you don’t need the transport for a naval assault, if no enemy units on gibralter, keep it with the fleet near it and attack morocco

non-combat - move 2 units from austraila via ct to east indies + the dd and the ss

• maybe grab the other 2 units from egypt to bring to east indies if it looks like japan is going to attack the east indies next turn

after you place your units on east indies, you should have 2dd, 1ss, 2ct, 6inf, 1ftr, 2cv + 1 ftr on the cv - which should be enough defense for any japan attack. on the US’s turn, fly the two ftrs from the s44 to land on the cv for defense.

Now you can build 4 ftrs every turn on east indies to attack any of the japan advances in asia, they can make it to egypt in one turn to attack the italy fleet or defend the little group you have there, and to attack anything in south africa.

This leaves the UK strong against japan which saves their own IPC every turn. Strong against any little attack to the south. Bombers build in Wester US can make it to East Indies. From there you can attack the other little islands to get them back from Japan or defend against a navy that will get smaller and smaller.

This also leaves UK weak where it is up by Germany.

US2 - buy factory, fortify the west US, or buy fighters or tech rolls depending on what you feel.

• combat - if the germany navy is gone, which is should be or you wouldn’t be doing all of this, use the 2 bombers and 1 ftr you have in the UK, and the ct with the tank and inf to attack Norway. Take it over. As long as there are no units in Poland, they can’t possibly take it back within a turn. All the ftrs you built in round 1 fly to the UK. Then on US round 3, move those ftrs to Norway as defense, plus start building and attacking Germany.

Now the US can attack Germany close by, defend a little against Japan when it needs to. Germany has 5 IPC less, US has 5 IPC more (cause they’ll take Finland) and they’ll be able to protect Karleia. UK is safe from Germany because of the US being nearby. If you have the funds, buy a factory in Finland too to get 5 units produced. Russia is probably barely holding on, but should have no pressure from Japan. Uk in the east indies can help attack Italy. And the US will start helping Russia fight off the attacks.

What are peoples thoughts about this opening strategy?

• who is doing what with Japan and Germany?

• East Indies is Japanese by turn 1 and UK plays after… If a Japanese player don’t take East Indies J1, he deserve to lose.

Also, If you can hit german transport with british boats near Gibraltar, something is way wrong with German player.

A USA factory in Norway is not a bad move, It’s been discussed around. I’m not so sure about UK building up there. But then again, I feel a German player that does not protect or contest Norway / Finland by either establishing a baltic fleet or at least move some forces up there is really asking to lose.

An AC round 1 for Germany will put some hurt to your strat and it’s not an uncommon axis move. In one of my game, I went overboard with a battleship and destroyer for Germany round 1 and still won. It actually worked pretty well.

• Bah… I thought UK went before Japan. You’re right.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Even if they didnt, I would smash that pathetic defense, and add that free factory to my empire in about 3 seconds.

1 dst 2 inf and a fgt are going to resonate about as much as a fart in the winds of the pacific ocean, against the Japanese J1 fleet.

Combine that with a Manchurian Factory build and you are Majorly set for J2

How about we play a League Game?  :)

• @Gargantua:

Even if they didnt, I would smash that pathetic defense, and add that free factory to my empire in about 3 seconds.

1 dst 2 inf and a fgt are going to resonate about as much as a fart in the winds of the pacific ocean, against the Japanese J1 fleet.

Combine that with a Manchurian Factory build and you are Majorly set for J2

How about we play a League Game?  :)

Nothing builds good will on the boards like sarcastically slamming the guy does it?

Let me remind you who I am.

AA.ORG’s Villian”

Nothing unite’s people like hatred, enemies, and adversaries.

What would Autobots be without Decepticons? Or Gi-Joe without COBRA ?  Nothing.

My behaviour increases morale, it makes people want to beat me, train, and play more games, and bring thier friends down here to watch and challenge me.  At the same time we all get to have a laugh.  I don’t see a problem?

Tell you what, challenge me to some games, and if you beat me, I’ll put a cork in it.  If you don’t, you will join me in my Villianity :D :D :D

Come on Coco, PM Critmonster and lets get something going, 2 on 1 maybe? I’m game.

• I thought the Brits went first, which means that until the second round, the only units that could attack from Japan would be 3 transports with 5 infantry from Z50 and Z51. So by round 2, I’d be able to buy 4 additional fighters for defense, plus add 2 fighters from the US, and 4 more infantry from austrailia, and india… so 6 infantry and 7 fighters should be able to hold off Japan’s second wave, and if not, leave Japan pretty well unguarded while US closes in.

Obviously I’m new and don’t know all the rules so I’m going to make poor decisions, but in order to do better at the game, I accept your challenge. Is there an online version to play you with?

I accept your Challenge!

Go here

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5125.0 go down to where you see A-Battlemap

Download this program.

Once you have it downloaded send me a Private Message, and I will teach you how to play on the forums ;)  Good Luck Challenger.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m