• '22 '19 '18

While I love playing each nation, I voted for Japan because I enjoy naval warfare and the need to be constantly attacking.

• I voted Italy because I’ve been dreaming of this addition since i starting playing 10 years ago. If handled correctly, and with aid of some good dice rolling, they can swing the game.

• @Gallo:

@Funcioneta:

Note: no, it’s not China. At least not until they get a full power status and can go out of China  :-D

edited! Free China! Long live Mao!

Karma +1  :-D But too late, I voted UK too soon and I cannot change my vote now :lol: Still, what is that “her leader” stuff? I’m a man, pal  :lol:

Have fun! Long live China and long live to the Republic! 8-)

• I have to go with Germany.

• Yeah Germany. It is the most involved and I love the challenge. I love the games when you fight the allies to the bitter end, and still win by knocking out russia and turning the tide of the war. :)

Japan, the Uk, US, and Russia are all fun as well. But not quite the same as Germany.

• I’ve always quite liked playing as the U.K. I find that I’m never forced to play a certain way, and there’s always the ability to focus in the Pacific Theatre, in Africa, or just the usual European Theatre. In addition it has a lot of pretty immediate duties (unlike the United States), but it’s still distant enough that it isn’t immediately threatened unlike the U.S.S.R. or Germany. All in all I find it extremely enjoyable to play.

• For revised, it has always been Germany. I am still undecided on this new game. Does anyone else feel that the German options have been limited in AA50? When I play '41 with NOs, it ends up being bombers and tanks every round, and turns into a panzer dash. Because Germany is earning in the 50’s but can only place 10 maybe 12 units per turn!!

• I am supprised to see that the UK is doing as well as they are.

LT

• @LT04:

I am supprised to see that the UK is doing as well as they are.

LT

Actually, I think UK can be very interesting to play in the '41 scenario. They start with alot of money, and options. Almost calls for an IC somewhere.

• I think the reason why people (including my sister) gravitate towards the United Kingdom so much is because they’re generally seen as the “weakest” link.  (Though I think that’s changed with the inclusion of Italy).  UK just has to show up for the Allies to win.  Whereas if you’re USSR or Germany, there’s room for error.  This gives the British player more freedom to experiment with new strategies.  A crucial power like Russia is expected to do well for the Allies to win, but as a weaker nation, it is a bonus for the Allies if UK does well.

• @TG:

I think the reason why people (including my sister) gravitate towards the United Kingdom so much is because they’re generally seen as the “weakest” link.  (Though I think that’s changed with the inclusion of Italy).  UK just has to show up for the Allies to win.  Whereas if you’re USSR or Germany, there’s room for error.  This gives the British player more freedom to experiment with new strategies.  A crucial power like Russia is expected to do well for the Allies to win, but as a weaker nation, it is a bonus for the Allies if UK does well.

Hmm. cant agree with this. You are inferring that the Allies can compete if the UK “doesn’t show up”. that’s not the case. Without UK, Russia is toast.

• i wound up choosing UK but it is a bit of a toss-up between them and Italy.  I like Uk because they are really open ended, are well balanced, and dont have to deal with too many large scale ground engaements ( :-P)
    I like italy for some of the same reasons and because they’re more tactical than strategic.

• I also thought that Italy would rank up there with China in the preference line up.

This poll has turned out to be more interesting then I thought.

LT

• Depending on which setup we use.  I like UK in 1941, and Japan in 1942.  Plenty of broad strategy options, require logistics with Naval and Air power, very broad options for both countries IMAO.

• US starts low on troops and action, Japan has almost no effect (once had +70, but could harm moscow only a little bit, by SBR), chinese get wiped out

UK: has some good lookin ships
    Germany: nice tanks, can i borrow them?
    USSR: more inf!
    Italy: small but fun

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m