• '10

Hi.

We did several games of AA50 1941/1942.

Only once the allies won the game.

Did it make sense to play the 1941/1942 versions without the national objectives/bonus?

…any experience?

• I usually play with the NOs b/c it’s more money and more fun than w/o NOs.

With NOs, the game seems to be close to balanced, as compared to revised, maybe even better.

Playing w/o NOs, allies are favored in both scenarios. Not sure how much bid is needed, could also be less than revised, which means not more than 9 ipc. I have very little experience in AA50 w/o NOs. All I know is that allies are favored w/o NOs, and this issue seems to be a consensus, as opposed to 41 +NOs, there are different opinions on the game balance in this setup, and the 41 +NO is also the setup which is most popular, it seems.

When I play a lot of games with NOs, my mindset is focused on this setup, which is very different from playing w/o NOs. Some details can have a much bigger effect in +NO games than -NO games.

It could be fun to play a lot of games w/o NOs, as I think AA50 is a good game with all the different official rules and scenarios, except tech.
    There hasn’t been much activity in the unstable lobby lately, and almost all players use NOs.
    I’m curious on how the (un)balance is in both 41 and 42 with no optional rules.

• Customizer

I have been playing a lot of 1942 setup without NOs, and I would say it needs an Axis bid of 3-6 ipcs.  I don’t know 1941 setup without NOs at all, but I’m guessing it would need around 6 but not more than 9.  With NOs I think the allies need for 1941 a bid of 6-9 ipcs (one unit in China, one in India), while in 1942 I think they may need a bid of 9 ipcs (one in China, one in India, one in Karelia).

• try axis in 42 with NOs on.  i just win a game last nite in 3rnds.  lost of money coming in for axis right away.  we always play NO on and tech, we even give each nation 1 reseach token to start with.  makes for fun games.

• I prefer the no NO 41 setup, most people however do not

• '10

@katfishkris:

try axis in 42 with NOs on.  i just win a game last nite in 3rnds.  lost of money coming in for axis right away.  we always play NO on and tech, we even give each nation 1 reseach token to start with.  makes for fun games.

Do you make a bid?

• nope, never have.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m