The most unexpected outcome/comeback you have everhad

• i haven’t really had anything yet

• It was a revised game, 2 vs 1, LL no tech. Moscow fell, I don’t remember if it was Japan or Germany who captured Moscow, but Germany surived for 2 or 3 rnds before we got Berlin and won the game. It’s the only game ever I played or watched where a capital was taken and held, and the other side did not take a capital in the same or next turn, and at the same time, the side that lost the (first) capital won the game!

• Revised, I was germany, my cousin was Japan (shoulda been a power house since we are both the serious players) and three bothers as Allies.  5-6 hours into the game my cousin totally blunders not realizing a fleet could reach Japan and the attack goes off and manages to succeed in taking Japan.  My brother Mike, the U.S., though they had this won.  They made the big mistake of lighting a fire under my #@$ and it only increased my determination to win.  I researched heavy bombers and in revised I almost always built a bomber a turn for germany.  In the next few turns I worked to position myself for an attack on Russia and the U.K.  Up until this point I was offering to call it a draw, because we were into 10 hours playing now and getting on past midnight.  They scoffed at my offers to give them a way out, but they thought the win was in the bag.  So I moved, and took the U.K. and Russia on the same German turn.  I forget the details but I was laying waste to them and this blew them out of the water.  After I took both capitals on one turn my overtures of peace ceased.  It was now a U.S. versus Germany.  He didn’t bother trying to come across the atlantic but took everything up to two territories from russia.  I had plenty stacked there and to the north to destroy him if he dared move within a space of it.  Mean while I put such a vast navy into the Atlantic from my earnings taking the capitals that I took Brazil and Cuba.  On the turn I was about to take the Eastern U.S. he conceded.  I was in deep water because he ended up getting heavy bombers and had tons of them, but he squandered them recklessly.

-I can be ridicuously determined to win and will stop at nothing to prove a point.
    -My brothers understand the game, but do not have my understanding of it.  Dice played a small part, as did techs. 
    -Russia and U.K. fell due to being diminished and lack of U.S. help in the west.
    -My brother Mike could have made this game very hard to win with his tech rolls, but he squandered his units on moves that were not good and he lost many bombers and assets to careless mistakes.  I basically wore him down because this game went into the 17th hour. 
    -I was not tired in the least, because I was going to make my point! haha

It was a fun game, I wish I could remember all the details but it was so hilarious my cousin lost Japan.  I wanted to thrash him at the time it happened! hahaha

• Sounds like an awesome slugfest.

Like two fighters in the late rounds, wheeling about in the the ring backpedaling away from each other, trying to hang on, trying to land the decisive one punch to end the contest and trying not to lose the match!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m