• Though I suppose the logical retort is, is the 5/10+ IPCs you gain from capturing Poland worth your whole army being destroyed?

I do like the idea of NOs income being collected at the start of the turn (beyond the first) and look forward to someone giving it a whirl.

• '10

The one NO that really bothers me is the one for holding the US territories.  USA gains 5 IPC for holding E USA/ C USA / W USA…  what about Alaska?

First off, USA will ALWAYS get this (99% of the time, Axis invasion unlikely) and is Alaska not part of the USA? So it is way too easy and an unfair advantage to the USA which is always an IPC powerhouse anyway.

If you add Alaska to this NO than it adds two things:

a) More Historical - May direct Japan to attacking Alaska RE Aleutian Islands Campaign. And it IS a US home territory.
    b) Gives the Axis a chance to rob USA of this NO just as EVERY other nation is in risk of loosing their NOs.

In my house, on my game table with my game…  this will now be the HOME rule.

• Official Q&A

There are two reasons why Alaska is not included in that NO.  First, it was not yet a state at the time.  It was still a territory, so it was not part of the US “home territory”.  Second, at the time it wasn’t a huge part of the USA’s economy.

As for it being “too easy”, it creates more of an incentive for the Japanese to take the fight to the USA.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

The one NO that really bothers me is the one for holding the US territories.  USA gains 5 IPC for holding E USA/ C USA / W USA…  what about Alaska?

First off, USA will ALWAYS get this (99% of the time, Axis invasion unlikely) and is Alaska not part of the USA? So it is way too easy and an unfair advantage to the USA which is always an IPC powerhouse anyway.

If you add Alaska to this NO than it adds two things:

a) More Historical - May direct Japan to attacking Alaska RE Aleutian Islands Campaign. And it IS a US home territory.
    b) Gives the Axis a chance to rob USA of this NO just as EVERY other nation is in risk of loosing their NOs.

In my house, on my game table with my game…  this will now be the HOME rule.

BRAVO!
    I totally agree

• @Krieghund:

There are two reasons why Alaska is not included in that NO.  First, it was not yet a state at the time.  It was still a territory, so it was not part of the US “home territory”.  Second, at the time it wasn’t a huge part of the USA’s economy.

As for it being “too easy”, it creates more of an incentive for the Japanese to take the fight to the USA.

Historical reasons would good if were taken into account all the map. Making China able of survive after 1941 J1 would be a good beggining (Carthago delenda est  :wink:).

About the 2nd, the easier was make Alaska part of the NO instead CUSA. How many times you can take and hold Springfield (CUSA)? As now, this NO doesn’t give any additional incentive to Japan to attack America. You are screwed anyway if Japan can take and hold any of the 3 territories.

• @Krieghund:

You’re right on the money here Krieg. I’ve heard many US players whine that they don’t have enough IPC’s even with that easy NO. Some have even talked about bidding on the allies, especially the US. I feel that the NO is fair enough, and for the record, I like the idea of playing with them in general.

• FieldMarshalGames,

As others mentioned:

1.  Alaska was not a State.  If you implement this rule shouldn’t Hawaii also be included?  Or do 4 out of 5?  (USA/Alaska/Hawaii)

2.  The USA player already seems strapped for cash

Other then that, I look forward to placing this rule in the House Rules section.

• Customizer

Question:

Do you get a bonus for each NO achieved or just for one of any?

• you get a bonus for each. so if you’ve achieved 3 NO’s, you get the total of 15 sweet sweet IPC’s

• Customizer

Oh hell yes! I havent been able to get a game together yet so I’m trying to get all the info I can to update my group so we’re all up to speed.

Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m