• so?

• I don’t know… I like 'em all in different ways.

• I’ve liked Germany since the beginning. With good coordination with the Italians, Germans can do a lot. i would like to try Japan as well.

• UK all the way. They can fight in all fronts from the very begining but have not plenty of IPCs to do this. They are a challenge, but I never get bored with them.

Note: no, it’s not China. At least not until they get a full power status and can go out of China  :-D

• I wanted to pick a country but I then couldnt make a decision. I love them all (in both scenarios,too). But if you put a gun to my head I would go with Russia. The tension I feel while playing them is incredible and even if they are destroyed, it is perversely satisfying to go down “fighting like a Russian” to the last unit.

edit for grammar

• @Funcioneta:

UK all the way. They can fight in all fronts from the very begining but have not plenty of IPCs to do this. They are a challenge, but I never get bored with them.

Note: no, it’s not China. At least not until they get a full power status and can go out of China  :-D

What?? Not China???  :-D

p.s. Russia is the nicest allied country to play since you can really beat up the poor Germans. On the Axis side it’s Japan in this game since you become Godzilla.  :wink:

• Germany.  Though a little less now that Italy’s stealing what should rightfully be Rommel’s drive in North Africa.

Germany requires the most skill, the most tact to play successfully.  If you’re squeamish, don’t play Germany.  And if you’re Germany, you’re the center of attention.  Every nation on earth is trying to dogpile you and you have to fight fanatically to repel their attacks.  While also having the intestinal fortitude to surge forward elsewhere.

Where else in history have you seen that?  During the Seven Years War, Frederick the Great, the greatest military leader of all time, was beset on all sides by Holy Roman, French, Russian, Swedish, Saxon, and Austrian armies.  He had no continental Allies.  In every battle Frederick fought in he was grossly outnumbered.  Yet he won.  Often brilliantly.

In Axis and Allies, I’m Frederick the Great and I plan to restore Germany to her proper place: Ruler of Europe.

• germany. always germany

• I had to vote Germany.

I can never resist seeing those stubble hoppers with their K98’s

And the Panzers….oh boy I really love those :lol:

• @Funcioneta:

edited! Free China! Long live Mao!

• '22 '19 '18

While I love playing each nation, I voted for Japan because I enjoy naval warfare and the need to be constantly attacking.

• I voted Italy because I’ve been dreaming of this addition since i starting playing 10 years ago. If handled correctly, and with aid of some good dice rolling, they can swing the game.

• @Gallo:

@Funcioneta:

edited! Free China! Long live Mao!

Karma +1  :-D But too late, I voted UK too soon and I cannot change my vote now :lol: Still, what is that “her leader” stuff? I’m a man, pal  :lol:

Have fun! Long live China and long live to the Republic! 8-)

• I have to go with Germany.

• Yeah Germany. It is the most involved and I love the challenge. I love the games when you fight the allies to the bitter end, and still win by knocking out russia and turning the tide of the war. :)

Japan, the Uk, US, and Russia are all fun as well. But not quite the same as Germany.

• I’ve always quite liked playing as the U.K. I find that I’m never forced to play a certain way, and there’s always the ability to focus in the Pacific Theatre, in Africa, or just the usual European Theatre. In addition it has a lot of pretty immediate duties (unlike the United States), but it’s still distant enough that it isn’t immediately threatened unlike the U.S.S.R. or Germany. All in all I find it extremely enjoyable to play.

• For revised, it has always been Germany. I am still undecided on this new game. Does anyone else feel that the German options have been limited in AA50? When I play '41 with NOs, it ends up being bombers and tanks every round, and turns into a panzer dash. Because Germany is earning in the 50’s but can only place 10 maybe 12 units per turn!!

• I am supprised to see that the UK is doing as well as they are.

LT

• @LT04:

I am supprised to see that the UK is doing as well as they are.

LT

Actually, I think UK can be very interesting to play in the '41 scenario. They start with alot of money, and options. Almost calls for an IC somewhere.

• I think the reason why people (including my sister) gravitate towards the United Kingdom so much is because they’re generally seen as the “weakest” link.  (Though I think that’s changed with the inclusion of Italy).  UK just has to show up for the Allies to win.  Whereas if you’re USSR or Germany, there’s room for error.  This gives the British player more freedom to experiment with new strategies.  A crucial power like Russia is expected to do well for the Allies to win, but as a weaker nation, it is a bonus for the Allies if UK does well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m