• I was getting ready for another armor clash, and setting up my Sherman 76’s and my Sherman Jumbos. They are just too similar to be easily distinguished in battle, so I added camo to them. I use this method to distinguish between Pershings & Super Pershings, now to distinguish Shermans from Jumbos. This is how I will differentiate now between any vehicle types that look similar, but have major stat differences.
       These are from the Milton Bradley “Tank battle” game. They are 1&3/4 inches long. To make the Jumbos different, I widened the hull (and added an exhaggerated side bevel) and made new mantlets. These tanks do not have very crisp detail, so the shading and weathering does not show very well, expecially on the black camo. But I like the stark difference between the greens and the black, so I left the black as is, with only moderate edge highlights.
    –-
    Oh, and the stripes on the turrets all meet the hull at the same relative position, so I can put any turret on any chassis, and the stripes still match up, even though the pattern on each tank is different. I also have 4 more turrets, with shorter 75mm guns, and they also have camo that matches up no matter which chassis they are on.

• Nice work, man! Tight modding and clean brushwork.

Miss ye on the other boards. You should post there more often.

BTW, I used to play that MB game…loved it. Never owned it so I didn’t play as often as I wished. Hope you have a spare game since you’re chopping tanks.  :-D

• I have that game too. When i was a kid i added infantry to the game and got extra tanks

• I’ve chopped my way through 3 sets of pieces now. Get em on ebay. I usually tell the seller I dont want the map board, box, etc, and get a buck or two off the shipping.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m