ITALY & CHINA COMBAT DICE - Help us design them!

• Customizer

I personally would prefer an image of a smoking plane instead of a gun sight, or perhaps a fighter inside a gun sight.  One thing you will need to consider is the fact that in AA50 a roll of 2 or less would result in a aa gun hitting. In my opinion your dice should be blank on all sides but two. One side would have the image of the plane being shot down representing a die roll of 1. The other opposite side of the dice should have another image either same smoking fighter as the first side that is faded out a bit, perhaps the die says radar under that image, or maybe the far side would have an image of a radar screen. This side would of course reflect a two being rolled. The dice should probably be white, though a light sky blue may be nice too. Just my thoughts.
          Another thought is that AA50 requires that Bombers and Fighters be rolled separately for AA Guns. Maybe the AA Gun Dice should include images of both a fighter being shot down on one side and a bomber being shot down on the other side. This would accomplish a similar thing as having the radar screen.

• nice!

• '10

I am overwehlmed by great ideas!!!  I want to make them all but Im not BILL GATES!  I really like the idea of an AA die.  But the RADAR leads to a problem.  We have to move quick because the factory will be ready to start CHINA and ITALY soon.

Can you guys do the following:

1. Settle how the AA dice should look and function.  We need it to be ONE die as each variant raises my cost HUGE.  Even making the AA die is putting me back over budget  (But I want it too!)
    2. Post RADAR or FLACK image ideas.  I like the target above.  Remember this has to fit on a SMALL die surface (16mm)
    3. Decide this:  If the AA dice delays production of the ITALY / CHINA dice (Which are already designed and ready to go)…  Is it still worth it on this run OR can it wait for a future expansion?

Thanks guys.  As members here can tell you…  I often so my appreciation in the form of Dice  :wink:

• Customizer

I prefer that you release china and India first. Float the AA Gun dice around for a while. The last thing you want is to produce a poor product because you rushed it into production. I will probably get murdered for this but it isn’t a good idea to go over budget unless you are absolutely certain your product will sell. AA Gun dice are nice but very few will buy in them by comparison to the the national combat dice you have already produced.

I believe the product that has the greatest need to be produced is NATION SPECIFIC HALF TRACKS. It seems like every variant uses half tracks as mechanized infantry now. Another product that most A&A fans would love to see is fully nation specific pieces. Good case and point is Italy, which much to the dismay of A&A fans abroad, had only two nation specific pieces. The soviet union also uses many borrowed forces. Even Britain and USA use the same artillery, destroyer, submarine and transport. Get my point?

This HYPOTHETICAL NATION SPECIFIC SET molded in AA50 COLORS would include:

HALF TRACKS - for all six major AA50 countries.
    AIR TRANSPORT (paratrooper plane) - for all six major AA50 countries
    ITALIAN forces - Artillery, fighter, bomber, Complete Italian Navy
    SOVIET UNION forces - Artillery, Complete Soviet Navy
    UNITED KINGDOM forces - Artillery, destroyer, transport, submarine
    CHINA forces - one light green P-40 fighter.

Producing these units would make fully complete Nation specific set of units for each AA50 country as well as adding mechanized infantry and transport planes for each of them.  I know i would definitely buy these and i don’t believe i would be alone. You should also be able to sell the set for a pretty good price.

• '10

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

I prefer that you release china and India first. Float the AA Gun dice around for a while. The last thing you want is to produce a poor product because you rushed it into production. I will probably get murdered for this but it isn’t a good idea to go over budget unless you are absolutely certain your product will sell. AA Gun dice are nice but very few will buy in them by comparison to the the national combat dice you have already produced.

I believe the product that has the greatest need to be produced is NATION SPECIFIC HALF TRACKS. It seems like every variant uses half tracks as mechanized infantry now. Another product that most A&A fans would love to see is fully nation specific pieces. Good case and point is Italy, which much to the dismay of A&A fans abroad, had only two nation specific pieces. The soviet union also uses many borrowed forces. Even Britain and USA use the same artillery, destroyer, submarine and transport. Get my point?

This HYPOTHETICAL NATION SPECIFIC SET molded in AA50 COLORS would include:

HALF TRACKS - for all six major AA50 countries.
    AIR TRANSPORT (paratrooper plane) - for all six major AA50 countries
    ITALIAN forces - Artillery, fighter, bomber, Complete Italian Navy
    SOVIET UNION forces - Artillery, Complete Soviet Navy
    UNITED KINGDOM forces - Artillery, destroyer, transport, submarine
    CHINA forces - one light green P-40 fighter.

Producing these units would make fully complete Nation specific set of units for each AA50 country as well as adding mechanized infantry and transport planes for each of them.  I know i would definitely buy these and i don’t believe i would be alone. You should also be able to sell the set for a pretty good price.

Thank you for your ideas.  To tell you the truth, we are already working on designs for some of these pieces.  I can’t wait to get them!!  I will keep you all posted on these developments once the COMBAT DICE project is complete.  I will start another thread in relation to additional pieces at a later time when that project is on the table. (Lets keep this one about COMBAT DICE).

I will revist these pcs suggestions there and start that discussion.  I don’t want to get the community too excited about these yet as production will be late next year and the process will be much more involved than dice.

Thanks again.

• I still like the idea of having all other sides of the die being blank, but that’s just me. It won’t address the radar tech of course but tech dice would probably be another (future) product entirely. So for the cost of putting a flak or some other image on all the other “miss” sides you could instead use the additional image to create 2 different AA dice to represent both fighters and bombers.

~ZP

• Customizer

Nice. Use these images. (maybe make the fighter a tad bigger.) Looking forward to the pieces when they come?

• Yes these are great, but fighter must be larger so it shows up on the pip.

If you have to make them one color than red on a blue die would be great. second choice is white.

• ~ZP

• I like the AA die concept but I think for clarity, it should have 5 numbered sides and the above image with the bomber.  This way you don’t have to remember if you have radar then fighters hit otherwise bombers hit.  I know it sounds like a small thing to remember but less is more.  Also if you don’t put pips on the other five sides then you can’t use the AA die for anything else.  Maybe you need another die…for something… you grab the AA die it’s blank on five sides, can’t use it.  Makes the item less funtional.

A note about the set already produced - anytime someone sees the AA50 game with these dice they say, “Wow, it came with these dice?”  and I say, “No I custom ordered them.”  Then they say,  “Those are really cool.”  Nice job.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I don’t want to get the community too excited about these yet as production will be late next year and the process will be much more involved than dice.

Too late… I’m excited at the prospect of new peices, jets for my jets, heavy bombers for my heavy bomber - B29 anyone?

For now it’s red chips under the bombers, fighters and tanks for the tech variants.  :-D

Look foward to seeing the complete set of national dice - you have a customer waiting for Itlay and China to get added to the basic set.

• I registered on this forum just to weigh in on this thread, and also on the one you mentioned about possible future playing pieces… So, you’ve pulled in another lurker into the light!

I vote to not go over-budget or create any delays by adding AA dice just yet… good idea, but I say it can wait until the possible options are fully vetted, and pleeease don’t delay the Italian/ Chinese dice, because I can’t wait to buy them!

• '10

@DrLarsen:

I registered on this forum just to weigh in on this thread, and also on the one you mentioned about possible future playing pieces… So, you’ve pulled in another lurker into the light!

I vote to not go over-budget or create any delays by adding AA dice just yet… good idea, but I say it can wait until the possible options are fully vetted, and pleeease don’t delay the Italian/ Chinese dice, because I can’t wait to buy them!

We are working with the Factory…  We are getting these as fast as we can.  As soon as I have them in my hands I will let every registered user on our site know, and post here with pictures.

…then I will immediately set up AA50 in my office and start a game  :-D

• '10

Just an update

The new COMBAT DICE are in production now.  Thank  you all for your patience!  I am told I will have them in my posession in early March.

Sorry for the delay (Mass=production can sometimes be unpredictable)

I will keep you posted here.

PS:  We have decided to release the DELUXE set in a Dice Bag with GOLD FMG Logo!  Base set will keep SILVER Logo.  GOLD BAG will be sent with ITALY / CHINA upgrade set to those of you who have COMBAT DICE already… thank you

• ok thats great!

• '22

Hi, I like the concept about the dice very much, BUT do make the dice not so square as in the picture, I like them with more round edges. Like now with AA50, I did threw the dice away, and replaced them with some normal dice.  :-D I like them as Chessex has them.

• '10

@GoekaWar:

Hi, I like the concept about the dice very much, BUT do make the dice not so square as in the picture, I like them with more round edges. Like now with AA50, I did threw the dice away, and replaced them with some normal dice.  :-D I like them as Chessex has them.

Sorry, we only make one type of dice.  You can see from other threads that they are high quality and have positive reviews from all members.

• Yes, but are the dice really balanced ?

This big logo carves away a lot more material than some tiny pips, so the dice will be heavyer on the opposite side. I guess the logo side will be face up more times than face down. Am I correct ?

• '10

@Adlertag:

Yes, but are the dice really balanced ?

This big logo carves away a lot more material than some tiny pips, so the dice will be heavyer on the opposite side. I guess the logo side will be face up more times than face down. Am I correct ?

They are perfectly balanced.  The one pip is missing and the logo is silk screened.  The factory we used makes dice for all sorts of companies… even BIG ones.

• They are balanced. The picture has no bearing on the weight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m