• Customizer

Has anyone thought about the AA50 rules concerning placement of units? What I’m getting at is the fact that you don’t have to place all of you units at the end of you turn. So has anyone thought of using this as an ambush kind of tactic? Especially with China?

• i’m pretty sure china has to place their units at the end of each turn, as they don’t act like a normal nation. although, can china place new units on freshly captured chinese territory (that is territory they just took back that turn)?

• I believe Krieghund said they could do that.

• Official Q&A

@tin_snips:

i’m pretty sure china has to place their units at the end of each turn, as they don’t act like a normal nation.

The rule for all nations is that you have to place any units that you can.  You can only hold back units that you can’t place (again, FAQ).

@tin_snips:

although, can china place new units on freshly captured chinese territory (that is territory they just took back that turn)?

Yes, as long as there aren’t already three or more units there.

• Customizer

Doh!!! I thought I had something brilliant.  :oops:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@toblerone77:

Doh!!! I thought I had something brilliant.  :oops:

You still might.

For instance, let’s pretend Germany has 60 IPCs.  What if they purchased 10 infantry and 6 tanks?  They can only place 10 units, right?  So they sit on the 6 tanks and drop them some time later.

• That would be a bit stupid. Why not save the 30 IPC of the 6 tanks and buy them when you can place them. That way at least you remain flexible.  :wink:

• Agreed - there’s really no advantage to having a bunch of units compared to keeping the IPCs to produce those units.

And in general there’s no advantage keeping IPCs, unless you want to build a surprise super-navy or something.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m