• Does anyone who was at Gencon recalls the name of the new Russian territory next to Buryatia? Was it Chita Oblast/Irkutsk Oblast/Sarka Chita?

• Official Q&A

Stanovoj Chrebet.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

It should just be called Buryatia, since the province of Buryatia falls within the scope of that space. Chita is to the east of Buryatia if you look at real map. Irkutsk would probably fall within the scope of the Yakutsk territory or Evenkia as the map is currently drawn. The naming convention are sometimes a little peculiar though.

I’d be a little disappointed if the territory that borders Manchuria is still called Buryatia in AA50 though, given the way the map looks now.

This where Buryatia is actually located, in case anyone cares :)

• @Krieghund:

Stanovoj Chrebet.

First I thought the name was too weird, then i went to check: it’s the latin rendition of russian Станово́й хребе́т or Stanovoy Range. :)

Thanks Krieghund :)

This is where the Stanovoy range is located.

It makes sense as a name for the new territory, but still doesn’t explain the logic behind naming the Vladivostok/Primorsky territory “Buryatia” when the actual province of Bury is much further to the West, alongside lake Baikal.

• Yes, the additional territoy should be called Buryatia and the coastline province e.g. “Amur”, “Khabarosk” or “Primorsky”

• @Krieghund:

Stanovoj Chrebet.

Thanks Krieghund, another fact;
    I was missing this territory name for my AA50PlayersAid map.
    I had randomly choosen that mountain range, the Stanovoy.  I then classified it an Okrug.  I will update on R4 of the map.  Also, great point Black Elk and Atlanticwall.  I know its only a game, but it adds to the overall texture and feel, when geography has a tighter reflection.
    Was that you map Black Elk?  Very nice, wish I could do what you did, nice proportions on your territories, the whole thing, bringing the projections togeither.
    I will go over and post in that thread.
    Krieghund, can you confirm the name of the other new territory-the one above Moscow/Russia?
    Between Archangelsk and Evenki…

Yeah I drew that map up from scratch over the course a couple years. I think I’ve redrafted it like 100 times now hehe, but I finally settled on this one as the projections for the major continents and land masses.

If you want to use the projection to make you own maps I don’t mind.:)
    Just drop my  name somewhere in the credits if you end up using it.
    Jason W. Clark

I tried to make the basic underlying map as versatile as possible, but I also have bunch of drafts with with city circles and sea zones all drawn in. My dream is to make a game called Domination 1900 out this one, and then other scenarios for different periods. Kind of out there though I know.

Here the 1900 map, rough draft but has most of the ideas layed out

Also a Red Dawn cold war concept.

Some others too, but I probably shouldn’t hijack Hobbes thread to show off. :)

• Oops-Thanks for the thread Hobbes,

Sometimes no matter how much magnification I try I can’t read some of those territories from those pictures. 
    Its hard to follow a conversation where people state, " you know, that new territory next to Bury. "  Now we know…
    Black elk, thanks for the offer.  I would like to use those projections.  I will attempt to merge what I have done so far with what your talking about?  I have some questions, but too Late tonite, have to be up in a few hours.  I will contact you in the next couple days

• Official Q&A

@Bluestroke:

Krieghund, can you confirm the name of the other new territory-the one above Moscow/Russia?

Urals.

• @Krieghund:

@Bluestroke:

Urals.

Krieghund,

Could you also confirm the names of the Chinese territories: Tsinghai, Shansi, Ningsia, Sikang, Fukien (or Kiangsi?), Kwangtung, Yunnah,  Kiangsu (the Jap controlled one)?

• Official Q&A

Chinghai, Ningxia, Suiyuan, Hupeh, Sikang, Yunnan and Fukien.  Kwangtung is the UK territory that contains Hong Kong.  Kiangsu is the Japanese-controlled territory that contains Shanghai.

• @Krieghund:

Chinghai, Ningxia, Suiyuan, Hupeh, Sikang, Yunnan and Fukien.  Kwangtung is the UK territory that contains Hong Kong.  Kiangsu is the Japanese-controlled territory that contains Shanghai.

Thanks a bunch! We were trying to figure those ones out :)

• @Krieghund:

@Bluestroke:

Urals.

Thanks Krieghund for the Answer and
    Hobbes for the next Question.
    you have completed my Basic AA50PlayersAid map. Bonus !!! the Chinese territoires names.
    now, I can focus on territory shapes and unit placement and
    maybe some Quality-LOL.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m