• '21 '20 '18 '17

@Aaron_the_Warmonger

Imagined you already played, but just to point out some things about your comment

plus 14 in american ships so 67 TUV, which is a nice win for Japan, bc your opponent left that stuff in range
    the 30+ for unprovoked war is for the Pacific only version to address the glaring imbalances in that version, so its not used in the Global games
    you are correct about the income trade but that trade happens at some point in the game the question is how does Japan exploit that
    also correct that with 5 tt you’d be taking spice on J2
    when japan declares war, taking malaya blows two of those bonuses its key
    but either way you’re set up to pile into asia or india with a huge spearhead of troops
    so i hope you J2d and did that awaiting status report…

• @taamvan ya, i don’t think i have the stuff to get malaya on T2, which really stinks, no game was played due to december tornadoes rolling through central illinois (where i happen to live), major flash flooding, and road closures… so, hopefully next week i will have an update! I also need to figure out where in the rules it shows that the 30 for unprovoked only applies to pacific only… thanks so much!!!

• '18

Well, we barely got to the end of Italy T2, the Japs were fortunate in that we only lost 2 infantry and rocked both battleships. I didn’t lose any planes or naval vessels, but the US has pushed up to iwo jima. The USSR 2 brought the downfall of finland, but i knocked out 2 infantry in the process, as well as reclaiming east poland, also at the loss of 2 infantry. The Mediterranean is looking unpleasant, and the UK has built a complex on Egypt… hit me with your thoughts!
    Japan ended w/ 44 IPCs, the Germans will have 48IPCs

• '18

This post is deleted!
  • '18

This post is deleted!
  • '20 '19 '18

As Germany/Italy I would put a blocker in SZ104 and SZ109 postponing the American landing by at least 1 turn.

Additionally any units that are on either normandy, holland and southern france will never be able to counter an invasion as you are spreading yourself thin. I would put a force in France that is able to clear any invasion on the beaches of all the different territories. Therefor try and invest in a number of artillery there.
    This tactic works when you can support the counter with enough airforce. Therefor I would try and ensure I have more airforce. Strat Bombers can reach Moscow from Western Germany while you also threaten a bombing run on the fleet in front of Gibraltar.

As for Japan, it looks like the US put itself out of position unless they’ve build a naval base on Wake? They can’t reach Japan in one turn nor can they go to Queensland. There is no new build so you will have the upper hand for 2 turns. Build 2-3 more transports + fill your current ones and take them to the phillipines. Regroup your fleet and you have a force that next turn could go to the carolines (and take Sydney, go back to Japan if the US fleet moves in) or go west and take malaya and press onwards towards Calcutta (although you seem to be moving in there with most of your ground force anyway, so that may not be a necessity)

• @Quirky-Turtle so, i plan to send in the infantry and artillary plus 2 infantry from west germany, bombardment, 1 fighter, 2 TB, 3 SB at the stack in finland, all of which can land back in west german, which means for a turn Norway will be open. at the end of G4, there will be 8 infantry on normandy, 6 infantry and 1 artillary on Paris, and 2 infantry on west germany. G4 will be the last turn i put i stack of mobile infantry and armour on germany, as i hope to also have leningrad at the end of G4. i plan on using leningrad to pump 3 tanks a turn with the rest of the stuff to hopefully plow the rest of the russians. The plan being a G5 investment in plenty of ground troops for the west and south, plus a bit more navy or airforce.
    There is no naval base on wake, so, ya, i’ve got them stuck.

• I agree with QT; “defend the beaches” invites a negative TUV trade, as the USA and UK can bring in air power and bombardments to ensure they wipe out your stacks. Paris is all you need to stock with artillery and slow movers, even mechs newly built from WG can protect that key zone and fight any of the 3 beachheads. If you do it that way, Germany brings air on the counterattack, rather than the Allies getting to use theirs.

Your american player is splitting, which is why he’s declined to strongarm SZ 6. They can still attack Japan, but they cant screen SZ 19 so your fleet could reply.

The small allies may counterattack, but Japan’s next turn can be spent consolidating fleets. Based on all these details, USA has missed its chance to really mess with you. Your purchases should be armor, or more factories. More sea units really aren’t needed if the USA is going to back down like that. The ships that bombard (and 1-2 CV) can chill down south while the rest of your ships form back up and prepare to ward the US even further away.

With your armor and fleet, india should fall pretty easily. Then, the transition to ANZAC or Africa–anzac has minimal reserves and could be easily taken. If you gather back up, threaten hawaii, and or blow up that US fleet, that’s your sixth VC and you win.

• @taamvan Do you think there is any merit on my next japanese turn (depending of course on what ANZAC does) to attempting to wipe out their (ANZAC) fleet and positioning in the carolines for a sydney invasion?

• @Aaron_the_Warmonger

Its best to go after sydney when during z1-3 hes buying ships and planes, but not infantry, and the planes left. Also, USA cant be in “Hail Mary” position (everything off queensland, or all on hawaii where he can strike you when you’re sitting in SZ 54. Its not difficult to take over with 3 TT and all the planes and bombards you can bring–but you have to purposefully ignore ANZAC for as long as you can (to avoid him building up defenses).

• '18

This post is deleted!
  • '18

This post is deleted!
  • '18

here is where i’m up to! USA to go on T5. Italy is being shored up by germany, and i’m gearing up for what i hope to be a G6 buy of 3 TBs and 3 Tanks, and then siege to moscow on G7. Japan 6 is looking to move up to burma full force, and calcutta on J7. Japan has garrisoned the pacific, and looks to put down a large nave in SZ6 on J6 and hopefully force a full US retreat.

• '18

This post is deleted!
  • '18

This post is deleted!
  • '18

USA to go, but i should be able to capture caucasus, stalingrad, tambov, and smolensk with Germany, and hold most of that for at least the next 2 collect incomes, and calcutta is going down J7 or J8 depending on UK6. I’m about to hit a sweet spot that germany can allocate a minimum towards moscow and keep it contained, and japan is about to be able to full bore rush the US. Think i’m in good shape!

• '18

J7E.jpg

• '18

J7P.jpg

• '18

End of J7, Germany has income of 79, Japan 97
    another round of bad dice led to Normandy being held by the US, but i’m going to be putting 13 units a round toward the Atlantic, and i have the USSR income low enough that i should be able to slowly choke them out…
    Japan plans a MC on Malaya to send 2 troops a turn to western australia, and place 4-6 naval units a turn in SZ6. 3 tanks and 3 half tracks go towards africa. I’m hope the japanese can actually make an impact there with a minimum of expense.
    the US has all of its navy on hawaii with the exception of the ACC and TT off of the western US.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You’re not really close to a VC win, but economically, they won’t be able to catch up. Once moscow falls, your income will increase even more. Normally at this point you’d need to be ready to drop Cairo–that looks uncertain–or take hawaii, which would require that Japan drop big navy and build over USA’s ability to. But you’ve already got what you need to win on that board (Pac), as long as Germany can avoid the fall of Berlin, eventually you’d be able to blow the USA fleet away and take it.

Economically, once one of the axis has 60 and the other 70, the writing is on the wall, you’re well past “threshold”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m