Any thoughts on Tech or national power variations?

• '22 '16

We will be playing a 4-5 player game tomorrow night and we thought we might spice it up with some tech, which we never play.  I myself do not like the techs or the whole tech process.  We were throwing around some ideas where tech research would involve time and money kinda like real research.  I was wondering what do people like for techs?  I know some seem pretty ridiculous for some countries so what would be good techs for each of the major powers?  What about national powers for each country?  I know we had played some in the past with revised.  Just looking for ideas, thoughts, comments on research and tech and the process to acquire them.  Thanks for the input!!

• Sponsor

YOU CAN’T COME IN HERE AND ASK A QUESTION LIKE THAT… YOU’LL START A WAR! (lol, just kiding).

The simple thing to do is to give 1 free dice for anyone entering the R&D phase by purchasing at least 1 dice.
    So, buy 1 and get 2, buy 2 and get 3, buy 3 and get 4…

Another idea is to have each major power choose 1 tech at the beginning of the game, each get 1 free dice during each turn, add each result from all rolls throughout the rounds until they reach 25, at which point that nation will receive the tech they choose at the start of the game.

If you want some ideas that are completely off the hook, you can go here…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33735.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m