• All,

I bought s custom deck of card for global and was wondering why they have a 1, 2 and 3 card included.

Thx
    jonpfl

• Sponsor

@Jon:

All,

I bought s custom deck of card for global and was wondering why they have a 1, 2 and 3 card included.

Thx
    jonpfl

Are they different colours with a picture of a naval ship printed on them?

• Yes, what is the purpose of them?

Thx
    jonpfl

• '20 '16

Not 100% sure it’s officially the purpose, but I use mine for large navy’s that are hard to fit into spaces and move around the board. I use a color matching marker as a place holder on the map, while my naval units sit off to the side on top of the playing cards.

• @Jon:

@Young:

@Jon:

All,

Thx
    jonpfl

Are they different colours with a picture of a naval ship printed on them?

Yes, what is the purpose of them?

Thx
    jonpfl

I don’t speak for YG, but I suspect they are for delayed builds. Say, a house rule that it takes 4 turns to build a Battleship and 3 turns to build an Aircraft Carrier, with the cost of the builds spread across the turns. So, you pay for the first turn and put your battleship on the “3” card. Each turn that you pay to build your ship, you move 1 turn closer, from “3” to “2” to “1”. When you make the last payment, you move your ship from “1” to the build queue with the rest of your purchases.

That’s one way to use it.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Sponsor

Sorry for the late reply guys, although I have been developing rules regarding multi turn builds… those cards are not for that. The cards you are asking about are for really huge navies that don’t fit in small sea zones… so they are blowup boxes (not my most creative idea… lol).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m