I’m still open to ideas.  I’ve never played a Revised FFA, so I’ve got nothing to compare to, but I do like consolidating the UK fleets (in sz 2) and shifting some of their existing units.

I’m not really familar with the NAs either so any changes are fine by me.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, I was promised a slot in the next FFA since i missed the last one, hopin that promise will be honored. :)

• I’d play if someone will give me a hand with online play (never done it before). I’m pretty piss poor compared to all you here but if its just a fun FFA i may as well  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

as for rules i’m open too.    DM i like the combined fleet in sz 2 also for uk.  bring the bb from sz 13 + the dd from sz 15> sz 2.  i also like giving uk 1 ic to put somewhere.    i like giving russia 1 bom + 1 fig.  i aslo like the extra cash for both,  russia 10 & uk 5,  both capped at 40.
    so if russia earns 35 he only gets 5.

choosing  NA are fine too,  but i think my rule book is the older version so we’ll need to look at the new NA’s.  all country’s choose 1  + uk & russia role for 1 more.  thats fine with me.
    are we allowing tech ?  i’m fine either way.

as for victory cities and capitol exile,  i dunno about either one,  but i’m open.

i think we get our 5 players and then decide what rules we want.

right now  i’m in + Rand & DM , we need 2 more i don’t care who.  no promise’s were givin to play here.  i guess it’s just first come first serve.

as for the new guy, Petrucci08,  i’d suggest playing a couple games first before playing this FFA
    game.  go to the play games thread and look there,  thiers plenty of gamers out here.

• 2007 AAR League

i forgot you tekkyy,  yes we can dicuss rules first,  your in if you want,  but i was  a little confused  as to what you were saying.

as for what NA’s we use,  i think i have and old rule book , so we’ll have to look at it.

as for the extra ipc’s,  i think it’s important because both russia & uk start with very little units,  and they are in the middle of fire.  russia has  germany & japan hitting them,  and uk has  germany & usa.    germnay is in the middle also but they start with more units and 40 bucks.

as for changing the name of jet fighters ?

• @Cmdr:

Well, I was promised a slot in the next FFA since i missed the last one, hopin that promise will be honored. :)

@mojo:

i forgot you tekkyy,  yes we can dicuss rules first,  your in if you want,

Now we see why Jen sounded worried.
    You added up 3 (excluded her). And then you remember me (who haven’t said in yet) and forgot her. :-D

Anyway I am pretty sure you have a slot Jen. You are the 4th to say I.

but i was  a little confused  as to what you were saying.

in short, I am hoping we can give the new NAs and setup ago first
    try the IPC rule and IPC setup change when its found to be needed

as for what NA’s we use,  i think i have and old rule book , so we’ll have to look at it.

yeah have to print out LHTR 2.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/LHTR

as for the extra ipc’s,  i think it’s important because both russia & uk start with very little units,  and they are in the middle of fire.  russia has  germany & japan hitting them,  and uk has  germany & usa.    germnay is in the middle also but they start with more units and 40 bucks.

its FFA so the discussion really just goes around

UK’s position is not that bad
    in playtesting we saw that if US goes Altantic Japan will be left unchecked
    with the united UK navy, increased UK and Russia income…its going to be more of Germany being in the middle of UK and Russia

so I think if we let UK and Russia choose NA, the IPC spread is actually much better than OOB

Jen (day 2) didn’t do too bad with UK
    at UK5 there was 5 inf 2 art 3 arm 4 ftr 1 bmr in Egypt and 2 ftr 1 cv 1 dd 3 ss 4 tp in z34
    she built South Africa IC, then later built Egypt IC
    if the South Africa IC was free and 2 free inf per turn…

as for changing the name of jet fighters ?

so that the name is not the same as the tech
    I wonder if +1 range to 5 does anything, how about 6?

• 2007 AAR League

i didn’t include jenn because that was the first time she chimmed into this topic.  you have been here asking questions so i figured if you want in your in.

i have played FFA before and believe ipcs, and  set up changes are necessary,  but i have not played with NA’s.
    i am open to any rules and any players.

i think what we ned to do is get our 5,  and then we can decide what rules to play by.

@mojo:

i think what we ned to do is get our 5,  and then we can decide what rules to play by.

I would agree with this, otherwise we could probably end up talking about rule changes forever.

Here’s what we have:

1 - Mojo
    2 - Rand
    3 - DM
    4 - Jen
    5 - Tekkyy ? (just need confirmation)

If Tekkyy is out then we just need a 5th.

I’m open to rules, na’s, and setup changes.

• ok I am in

express your preference for nation and we’ll see whether we should random

• 2007 AAR League

Do you guys mind if we play by the rules I stated at the start up of this topic, just to give em a go. I’ve played in all 3 FFA’s so far and it is in my view that these changes will even up the game a bit. If it turns to pooh so be it, at least then we can iron out the creases even more.

So playing in this one we have

1 - Mojo
    2 - Rand
    3 - DM
    4 - Jen
    5 - Tekkyy ? (just need confirmation)

What do you reckon roll 1 dice at 12 highest gets to pick first. That will do, just so we can get the ball rolling. I will make up a thread in the play boardgames section and we can go from there.

Mojo
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (3)

Rand
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (1)

DM
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (2)

Jen
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (4)

Tekkyy

• 2007 AAR League

Mojo and Tekkyy to see who goes second and thrid
    Tekkyy

Mojo

• 2007 AAR League

Try again
    Tekkyy
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (1)

Mojo
    DiceRolls: 1@12; Total Hits: 11@12: (5)

• 2007 AAR League

So the order goes

Jen
    Mojo
    Tekkyy
    DM
    Randmacts

• hehe due to easy tie breaks thats why I rolled many dice for the pick order on day 3

DiceRolls: 6@6; Total Hits: 66@6: (5, 6, 1, 4, 4, 5)

anyway thats fine we use the rules in OP

• 2007 AAR League

ok Rand i like it,  i like all the rules we’ve set up.   just a couple questions.

can we roll for tech?  just asking i don’t care either way.  and if so we use tech the round we get it, correct ?

and as for NA’s we all pick 1  +  russia & uk roll for 1 more,  or do we roll for them all ?  
    once NA’s are picked we do not get anymore, correct ?        and we do this before the game starts?

i need to see the NA’s,  i have the board game revised is it the 2.0 version?  i can’t find what version i have.  someone send a link i’ll go look for it.

all in all this should be a fun game,   so we pick country’s and then we pick NA’s,  and then it’s battle on time.  good luck to all

• @mojo:

good luck to all

We don’t needz teh luck.  We has teh MOJO.  :wink:

(We’ll take teh luck if we gets it tho).

• 2007 AAR League

did you trade your new paint brush for some mojo ?  theres only 1 original MOJO  :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m