Please let me know if there are any problems

• Founder TripleA Admin

I made some changes to the server tonight. You might need to log back but after that please let me know if you are experiencing any problems.

Also, let me know if things seem faster or slower.

• Things seem faster this morning. I have no data to say they are faster but they do seem faster.

• Definitely seems faster – thanks for the maintenance! :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The test of speed will really come during prime time.  That’s when the server seems to surrender and curl up under a rock instead of passing information back to the user’s computer. :P

• 2007 AAR League

djensen,

I think your changes last month affected TripleA automatic turn posting summary.  It’s just a guess, but the timing seems to match.  TimTheEnchanter tipped me off to a problem he was having in his game versus Frood:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=10496.45

I don’t know if this problem is still occurring for TripleA users (since I haven’t played for a while).  Maybe someone can update me on whether or not this is still occurring?

I know when Tonez was developing the automatic turn posting he discovered the the forum blocked the post if it occurred to quickly after the login to the site.  So he had to put a delay in there (I think) to make sure the site would accept the automatic post.  Maybe djensen’s changes last month somehow increased this amount of time so now TripleA posting is broken?

This is totally a guess, and I should probably wait to hear whether or not this problem is still happening, but what the heck I thought I’d throw it out there…

Thoughts?

• I’m still having problems. I can’t post the screen shot or anything. And now when my AA guns are firing, the thing crashes and I get the “roll again” or “exit” choices. If Vista isn’t the problem, then what is? This is getting slightly frustrating to say the least. What do I do?

• This site cannot be the issue with the Dicey.  Those are 3rd party issues (and if you are using the Clayton dice server, then the lock-up during a battle that causes you to exit the program is long since known to be an issue).  TripleA diceys NEVER interact with A&A.org, only with the 3rd party dice server and the player’s e-mail addresses.

I have bypassed the posting issues with TripleA by simply setting the program to only post the screenshot, then copying and pasting the turn summary post (with screenshot) to the boards

• Founder TripleA Admin

That’s exactly what I do. In fact the posting to the forums is only a convenience feature. We would all be able to use the latest TripleA by copying and pasting the summary but, alas, there is no edit mode to fill in your opponent’s moves.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m