• This is the reason why I only date smart women and women who are richer then me.  That way in a divorce I win out.

My Guide for women in terms of importance.
    1. Smart
    2. Finanically equal or better then me.
    3. Looks

I am only 20 years old and I already know that everything needs to be in writing.  Never trust anything someone saids unless it is in writing.  That way you have a legal case and can use it for support.

Not so much for your situation but some general advice for life in general.

• '19 Moderator

Adam was walking around the garden of Eden, moping. God asked him, “What is wrong with you?” Adam replied that he was lonely and didn’t have anyone to talk to.

God said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman. He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing, she will wash it for you. She will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you’ve had a disagreement. She will never have a headache and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it.

Adam asked God, “What will this woman cost?”

God replied, “An arm and a leg.”

Adam thought a moment and asked, “What can I get for a rib?”

• @dezrtfish:

Adam was walking around the garden of Eden, moping. God asked him, “What is wrong with you?” Adam replied that he was lonely and didn’t have anyone to talk to.

God said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman. He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing, she will wash it for you. She will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you’ve had a disagreement. She will never have a headache and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it.

u better hope to hell ur woman dun see this

me, i like a good show.

hookers and blow, man, is there even a question?

• @dezrtfish:

:lol: LMAO!  Funny, and somewhat appropriate!  :lol:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Divorce is never worth it.  Hiring a gunman to kill your spouse and then repenting for your sins is much better. You get to keep ALL your stuff!

• 2007 AAR League

So Jen I assume if I ever need it you can get me a connection in the Russian Mob?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Too expensive!

Use the Croatians or Serbians.  They’re cheap and disposable.

• 2007 AAR League

“I’m a great housekeeper: I get divorced, I keep the house.”
    –  Zsa Zsa Gabor

What more needs to be said.

• '19 Moderator

@Jennifer:

Divorce is never worth it.  Hiring a gunman to kill your spouse and then repenting for your sins is much better. You get to keep ALL your stuff!

Na, the only way two people can keep a secret is if ones dead, do the dirty work yourself and if you get caught you only have yourself to blame.

• 2007 AAR League

Make sure to post your plan on a web site, first, too.

• @Frood:

Or publish a book called “If I Did It”

:mrgreen:

• Hey guys, thanks again for the encouragement.

I still haven’t contacted a lawyer, but this isn’t as messy as a divorce.  So far it’s been pretty civil, but I’ve kept myself in check more than she ever has.  It’s just a custody/child support issue, and we pretty much have it worked out by ourselves.  I still aim to speak to one though.

I do see hope everyday, in quite a few things.  She just told me two days ago that I’m first in line should she start dating again.  Sure, it could be a lie, but why would she say that when she’s been so strict on boundaries and splitting apart?  Her comfort level with me has also returned as I’ve been able to give her massages, and she’s not as reclusive when it comes to me possibly seeing her naked (changing, breast feeding, what have you).

It sounds like I’ve got the short end of the stick, but you guys are only hearing my side and don’t know my history with her.  We’ve had some very rocky times that I’ve exacerbated.  At one point, she broke up with me and another girl approached me.  I tried to keep it on very slow, easy terms, but she went for it full fledged.  I didn’t sleep with the girl, but Mary came running after that.  Last year, I went on a cabin trip when we were not together (even though still living together), and got so drunk that a girl there came onto me hardcore and I didn’t stop it.  I regretted it the next day, and told Mary as soon as I got back.  It was very complicated, and even though she says she doesn’t care, she still brings it up some.  However, I’ve never slept with anyone since I met Mary almost 5 years ago.

I’ve hurt her a lot - probably more than I ever knew until recently.  I didn’t know myself at some points, didn’t know what I want, and didn’t know how to love someone that meant so much to me.  She didn’t know how to communicate her feelings, has her father’s temper, and neither one of us knew how to productively address our problems.  Now I feel I do.  It just took a crisis to get that full perspective (it’s been heading that anyway for months now when I decided to become a better father, lover, and person).

She’s not a terrible person, she’s just someone that’s gone through some hard times, been cooped up for a while (and not done anything about it), has some stress and anxieties, and doesn’t know where she’s going.  But recently she hasn’t been the wonderful person I knew.  It hurts me to hear that she’s been hardening herself for 2 years (which I didn’t know until recently), yet for all that time she’s wanted to buy a house and have our family.

A little bit of time will help heal everything.  And it will show me the way.

DF - Great joke.

@ncscswitch:

@Frood:

You should check that book out.  Or at least read the intro into how it came into being.  OJ didn’t publish it.  Also, check out the cover, it’s pretty funny if you pay attention to the layout.

• Oh, and balung, I’m willing to bet you don’t have a girlfriend…

• 2007 AAR League

very happily no.  8-)

its better to get drunk at a bar and the hit and miss scenes there.

• '19 Moderator

I couldn’t help but think of this song after your story Jerm,

DEVIL WOMAN
    Marty Robbins

I told Mary about us, told her about our great sin
    Mary just cried and forgave me, Mary took me back again
    She said if I wanted my freedom, I could be free evermore
    But I don’t want to be and I don’t want to see Mary cry anymore.

Devil woman, devil woman, let go of me
    Devil woman, let me be
    Just leave me alone,
    I want to go home.

Mary is waiting and weeping alone in our shack by the sea
    Even after I hurt her, Mary’ still in love with me
    Devil woman, it’s over, trapped no more by your charms
    I don’t want to stay, I want to get away, Women let go of my arms.

Devil woman, let me be
    Just leave me alone,
    I want to go home.

Devil woman, you’re evil like the dark coral reef
    Like the winds that bring high tides, you bring sorrow and grief
    You made me so ashamed to face Mary, barely had the strength to tell
    Skies are not so black, Mary took me back, Mary has broken your spell.

Devil woman, let me be
    Just leave me alone,
    I want to go home.

@ncscswitch:

@Frood:

This off topic a bit, but have any of you read it?  Un-friggen-believable….  Only in America.

• So weird how things work out.

I went to pick up my bike and some clothes last night, and to say “goodbye” since I decided once I moved out I wasn’t going to contact her unless necessary.

So I tickled her when I asked if I could have a “last dance” and put on “Hey, Jude” by the Beatles - a song that has major significance with her.  She enjoyed it, smiled, and laughed but wanted to paint.  I went and helped her for a while but got tired.  She asked if I needed to stay here as things weren’t quite ready at my parents’ house.  I reluctantly agreed.

She eventually came in a layed down, only to wake up a bit later saying she was cold.  So I got her to scoot over and threw my blanket over her, and she let me cuddle her for the evening.  Well, at least as far as my shoulder would allow.

All I know now is that I’m going over tomorrow, making her breakfast, and hanging out.  Not sure what that means (probably watching the boy or helping her get rearranged in her new room), but it’s a damn good amount of progress.

Dezrt - love those lyrics.  I will have to show them to her someday.

• 2007 AAR League

I really honestly hope this works out for you, and that you both get what you need. I hope you don’t get taken advantage of. I’m guessing she’s very confused herself right now. Unless you’re going to be happy in a relationship of three adults, you have to make it clear that she can’t have both you and this other guy. If she’s not ready to decide, I think you should still move out.

I don’t know, maybe it would help her if you made it clear that you don’t blame her, but that for your own sake you need to protect yourself until you know that she will be faithful to you?

In the end, you can only do what seems right for you. I’m glad you had a nice connection with her.

• @Ender:

I really honestly hope this works out for you, and that you both get what you need. I hope you don’t get taken advantage of. I’m guessing she’s very confused herself right now. Unless you’re going to be happy in a relationship of three adults, you have to make it clear that she can’t have both you and this other guy. If she’s not ready to decide, I think you should still move out.

I don’t know, maybe it would help her if you made it clear that you don’t blame her, but that for your own sake you need to protect yourself until you know that she will be faithful to you?

In the end, you can only do what seems right for you. I’m glad you had a nice connection with her.

Ender, don’t you ever learn?  I have to keep the other guy (who happens to share my first name  :-o ) close so I can dismantle him.  :wink:

Actually, I am moved out.  Except for a few knickknacks here or there and some things I don’t need yet.

I’ve already made it clear that I love her and would do anything, but as soon as I sense I’m being taken advantage of, I’m cutting it off.  In fact, I just about have.  It’s a hard place to be…wanting to do everything for her yet needing to make a clean break in order for her to be able to miss me.

This other guy is apparently out of the picture though.  She felt the need to tell me she deleted him from her phone (and verified it).  Something must have happened Thursday night, at the very least, realizing that he was not good for her, even as a friend.

Thanks for the concern.  I’m looking ahead, and if she wants to be included, then so be it.  If not, maybe someday down the road, but I’ll be doing my own thing.

• All I can say is…

She is getting all of the benefit, with none of the commitment.

My apologies in advance for your future pain if you continue in this manner…

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

All I can say is…

She is getting all of the benefit, with none of the commitment.

My apologies in advance for your future pain if you continue in this manner…

Give the guy a break. He’s in love with this woman. All things considered, I think he’s being a lot stronger than I could be in his situation. I just hope she gets things sorted out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m