Anyone Anticipating Halo Reach?

• I don’t know about you guys but I am a big Halo fan. However with the recent Halo Wars, Halo ODST, and now Halo Reach I am afraid Bungie is going to kill a once good series. I mean come on Halo was practically the reason why the original xbox was a hit. Halo wars was fun but there was not a version for the PC. WHAT THE F!?!?! Why would you make a RTS for a game console but not for computer. Strategy games for me (and most of the gamers I know) are better using a mouse instead of a controller. Next came ODST. The story mode was good, and Fire fight was a female K-9 on Legendary. However after 2 months I grew tired of the darn thing and the only reason why I still have my copy is so I can play the Halo Reach Beta sometime this year. My question to Halo fans out there is, how do you feel about Halo Reach?

• I enjoyed Halo 1 for the coop aspect primarily, but hardly played multiplayer.  I was anticipating that game ever since it was a Mac exclusive and my dad showed me a trailer of it (huge Mac fan) in high school.

I got to play Halo 2 early from a friend who lent me a modded Xbox with the leaked French version.  It was enjoyable and probably added the most to the series from all the sequels, but again, I played no multiplayer.

I have barely touched Halo 3, and none of ODST, which I may like the most based on the coop aspects.

I watched the trailer for Reach and it looks interesting to say the least.  It will probably sell very well, but I’m hoping it will have something interesting to add to the series.  It will at least give some background to the entire mythos but prequels don’t always fare well.  Not to mention that there is always an issue adding new content to a prequel as it creates continuity problems (add a new enemy and people will ask why it wasn’t around for Halo 1/2/3), e.g.).  I’ll check it out but want to know more, especially since I’ve yet to buy a Halo game.

• Actually one thing I noticed is that Bungie is using the same Spartan characters from the Halo book series. (Like I said I am a fan and when I can I read the books). However as you mentioned if you introduce a new enemy weapon ect… people will ask why it wasn’t in the original games. And based off of my assumption if Bungie does go by the book series they will have to introduce a lot of new weapons, at least from the Marines. This would be interesting in terms of both multiplayer and campaign. Ill just have to wait for the beta to find out but I just hope Bungie will not take the series over board.

• Where can I see a promo of Halo Reach?

• Sorry Brain, you’ve finally forced me to do this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=halo+reach+video

• Thats funny!

perfect comedy.

• @Jermofoot:

Sorry Brain, you’ve finally forced me to do this:

yeah I know how to do a search, pretty funny though, I thought maybe you could direct me to a good site.

• @Brain:

@Jermofoot:

Sorry Brain, you’ve finally forced me to do this:

yeah I know how to do a search, pretty funny though, I thought maybe you could direct me to a good site.

Youtube is usually the place for any video you want.

Unless we are talking videos that make your pants fit funny.

• If you have an xbox 360 and are connected to xbox live, you can stream the video. If not youtube should have it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m