• I want to ask a queation on rocket.How many rockets can attack on one Industry in one round?Is it only one in one round or unlimit?

• I think what the rulebook says is this:
    Each AA-gun may fire on an IC, but each IC can only be attacked by rockets once each turn.
    Example: if the Germans have rockets, and the AA-guns are in their original position, you can only strike the UK-IC once. Should you happen to have an AA-gun in Ukraine, you can use the AA-gun from Germany to attack the UK-IC and the one in Ukraine to attack the Moscow-IC.

I think it’s something like that, but I’m not sure. Anyway, rockets are never used in our games( just ask HolKann, he’ll confirm that :-D)

• I confirm that  8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No offense intended, Rommel, just the way you worded that seemed confusing to me.

In AAR you may fire one rocket from each Anti-Aircraft Gun up to three spaces against an enemy Industrial Complex.  One one rocket can hit a complex per country turn and only one AA Gun per territory may fire.  Note: Any AA Guns that fire rockets may NOT move this round.

Examples:

1. England, America and Russia have Rockets and all three, for some weird reason, have an AA Gun in England.  Each gun may fire a rocket at the German Industrial Complex on their respective turns as this does not violate any of the rules.

2. America has two Anti-Aircraft Guns in Algeria and the Rocket Technology, only ONE (1) gun may fire since there are two in the territory.  America would have to move the second gun to get a second shot next round.

3. Germany pushes an Anti-Aircraft Gun forward to E. Europe so she has a gun in E. Europe, S. Europe and Germany.  If she has the rocket technology, she may fire one gun at the Industrial Complex in England from Germany; fire one gun at the Industrial complex in Caucasus with the second gun in S. Europe; and fire the third gun at the Industrial Complex in Russia  from the gun located in E. Europe.

I think it important to note that AA Guns on Transports are considered CARGO and therefore may NOT fire rockets.  Not saying that anyone would ever try it, but a new player thinking outside of the box may attempt it.

• from wizards faq

I don’t understand the limitations on rocket attacks. Please clarify.
    An AA gun can fire one rocket attack per turn.
    Only one AA gun can fire rockets out of a territory, no matter how many AA guns are in that territory.
    An industrial complex can be hit only once per player turn, no matter how many enemy AA guns are within range. Under the right circumstances, however, an IC in Germany could be hit by a rocket once in the Soviet player’s turn and again in the British player’s turn.
    The maximum range of a rocket attack is three spaces.

notify this

kind regards niels

• @ Cmdr Jennifer: You said what I meant,but your explanation is indeed a lot better than mine.

@ forzaniller: For example, in the German turn. Suppose the Germans have rockets, and the AA-guns are in W-Eur, Ger and S-Eur. All three can hit the UK-IC, but only one of those three may hit the UK-IC. However, the W-Eur AA-gun may hit UK-IC and the S-Eur AA-gun may hit Caucasus.
    Now suppose Germany has 2 AA-guns in S-Eur and has rockets. Only one of those two AA-guns may fire this turn, either at UK-IC or Caucasus-IC. But the second AA-gun may not fire this turn, as the other one in S-Eur already has.

I think this is correct, and otherwise someone will correct me(I’m looking at you Cmdr Jennifer :-D)

• i agree on you.

niels

• @forzaniller:

from wizards faq

I don’t understand the limitations on rocket attacks. Please clarify.
    An AA gun can fire one rocket attack per turn.
    Only one AA gun can fire rockets out of a territory, no matter how many AA guns are in that territory.
    An industrial complex can be hit only once per player turn, no matter how many enemy AA guns are within range. Under the right circumstances, however, an IC in Germany could be hit by a rocket once in the Soviet player’s turn and again in the British player’s turn.
    The maximum range of a rocket attack is three spaces.

Yeah.

You SHOULD use the FAQ (not the out of the box rules), because if you don’t, all Germany does on G1 is roll for rockets, build AA guns, and blast Russia and UK economy on following turns.  Rockets are SO good with OOB, all either side does is go for mass rockets / AA guns.

• Agreed. Minimun playable ruleset is OOB + faq. I still play it in 4 players FtF, and works.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m