• Hello All,

I thought that I would begin posting some of my customizations as I complete them.  Here are some easy DIY bunkers for the financially restricted.  I do not credit this idea as my own as I saw a webpage about this process somewhere before, just can’t find it now.  Maybe one of these days I will upgrade to some cooler Shapeways or HBG bunkers, but for now these do the job just fine.

What you will need:
    A slide puzzle (found here: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Unique-Industries-86931-10-Pieces-Slide-Puzzles-72-Packs/32294876)
    Two hands
    Sharp knife (a bench grinder works too)
    Grey spray paint (recommend primer)

The Process:
    Take your slide puzzle and rip it apart.  Collect the tiles and throw away the rest.  (Some pics of the puzzle and tiles below)

Carefully cut (or grind) off the the 2 tabs on each tile.  These tabs are designed to fit into the slots of the other pieces; we don’t need them.  You should have a tile with 2 slotted sides and 2 solid, flat sides when finished.

Spray paint the pieces.  I used Rustoleum’s grey automotive primer because I accidentally grabbed the wrong can at Walmart.  I think that the thicker primer gave the piece a cool “concrete” texture.

For about $6-7, you can get the supplies to make 150 of these!  You can paint them different colors or even paint little gun silhouettes on the roofs.  Whichever, these are a low cost option for custom bunkers that you can use in your A&A and/or Global War games.  Enjoy!  8-)
    IMG_20170612_175742522.jpg

• Here are the rest of the pictures.  I have to post the 1 per post because the file size is too large for the forum when combined.

IMG_20170612_175825701.jpg

• Completed bunkers

IMG_20170612_180135132_HDR.jpg

• Last picture.  Hopefully this gives ya’ll an idea as to the scale of these pieces.

• Cool idea!

• Sponsor

Yes, very nice… you have creative ideas for sure.

• I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

• Insert Quote
    I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Same here!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m