• I hope this is the right board for this question!  I’m looking to assemble the opposing fleets for Midway using War at Sea miniatures.  The US carriers are available, as are the cruisers but I’ve hit a problem with the destroyers as aside from the Porter class Phelps and Balch, most of them are just not made.

Looking through images of minis and the real thing, I am pretty sure the three Benham/Gridley class (Benham, Ellet and Maury) can be converted from the  ORP BLYSKAWICA miniature.

Shapeways make a set of six Sims class destroyers, so all that leaves the three Farragut class (Monaghan, Worden, Aylwin) so my question is does anyone know if the existing Fletcher class can be converted to a convincing standard?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Albert, if you go to the axis and allies miniatures section on the main home page, there is a thread on painting and remodeling that I think is best suited for your question.

This is customization thread on regular axis and allies pieces, but I’m sure someone can answer your question here, but there is a an axis and allies miniatures section for people that collect them.

I hope this helps! :-)

John

• Roger that - I’ll hop on over there now.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m