• I am a long time classic player, but am new to the revised version. At the end of turn 2, the US was able to win a naval battle in sz 60 adjacent to Japan, with its battleship surviving there. The rest of the US fleet, including transports, was stationed at Wake Island. The US plan was to invade the Phillipines, via sz 60, on turn 3. Japan countered on turn 3 by moving a ship into sz 58, and another to sz 50. Also, Japan built a submarine in sz 60. By my understanding of the rules, US is now cut off from getting to the Phillipines because the transports moving through sz 60 will have to stop for the battle on the J sub. Is my interpretation correct? In the old rules, J couldn’t build in sz 60, which is why this situation caused my uncertainty.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes, if America decides to try and move through SZ 60 with those ships in the combat movement phase, they will have to stop and engage the defending enemies.  However, if you clear them out and then try to move your ships through on non-combat they can sail through.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m