• I wanted to open a thread to discuss problems with naval unit rules.

To start with:

1. Can a transport conduct and amphibous assault on an island whilst an enemy transport is in the same sea zone?

and…

2. If a destroyer is hit by a sub in opening fire, does it stay on the battle board or is it removed as opening fire casualties?

and…

3. If a battleship is hit by a sub it doesn’t sink right? The two hit rule applies to subs as well right?

Thanks.

• Oh and one more thing…

Say you have an ampibous assault with a sea battle before. There is an AC with 2 figs on board. Can those two not fight in the sea battle only for the land battle?

• 1.  The enemy transport that is in the sea zone that you have to use for the amphib landing MUST be killed before you can attempt the amphib.

2.  The DST remains alive and can return fire.

3.  Two hits to kill a BB, whether from SUBs, aircraft, or from another battleship

4.  It is the ATTACKER’S CHOICE which units (if any) participate in which battle.  With the AC and 2 FIGs, you can send the AC into the Naval Battle, or keep it held back.  The FIGs can fight either at sea, in the land battle, or one for each.  So you can split it up however you like, you just cannot use a unit for more than 1 battle in the same turn.

• Thanks switch.

Those are about all the problems I have but if something comes up I’ll be sure to ask you.

• @ncscswitch:

1.  The enemy transport that is in the sea zone that you have to use for the amphib landing MUST be killed before you can attempt the amphib.

3.  Two hits to kill a BB, whether from SUBs, aircraft, or from another battleship

4.  It is the ATTACKER’S CHOICE which units (if any) participate in which battle.  With the AC and 2 FIGs, you can send the AC into the Naval Battle, or keep it held back.  The FIGs can fight either at sea, in the land battle, or one for each.  So you can split it up however you like, you just cannot use a unit for more than 1 battle in the same turn.

Exactly.

Post count +1.  :-D

• @ncscswitch:

1.  The enemy transport that is in the sea zone that you have to use for the amphib landing MUST be killed before you can attempt the amphib.

With regard to #4, this only applies of the AC and the 2 fighters are owned by the same country.  If a US AC is attacking in a naval battle where it is carrying 2 UK fighters, the fighters do not participate in the battle - they are treated as cargo only.

I think your example assumed that the fighters and the AC were owned by the same country, but I just wanted that to be clear.

SS

• Excellent clarification, thank you!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m