Revised Edition

• Just skip the baggies AND the game box.

Just get one of those nice little “small parts organizer” drawer units from a home supply store.  40+ drawers (the more, the better, 60+ is ideal) and split the pieces by type and nation, have drawers for chips, dice, AA, etc. and then just sit the unit next to your game board and grab what you need as you need it.

Depending on the style you get, they can also be very portable if you need to take your set to another location to game 🙂

• 2018 2017 '16 '11 Moderator

Good idea Switch.  Now if we only had one of those boards like in the Avalon Hill Bookshelf games that folded down into an 8 X 10 inch size so you could put it in a tray underneath the organizer!

• 2007 AAR League

Simple solution. Canabilize the original AA. Nice big box, nice foam trays, lots of extra chips, units and dice.
    Can’t go wrong.
    Mateooo

• @Jennifer:

Good idea Switch.  Now if we only had one of those boards like in the Avalon Hill Bookshelf games that folded down into an 8 X 10 inch size so you could put it in a tray underneath the organizer!

Go to your local print shop, have a duplicate board printed (perhaps 20% to 30% larger to make Europe a little less cluttered), have it laminated while there (my local print shop charged me $7.00 to copy my board at same-size, and lamintaion would ahve been $13, but I only made teh copy for “Wall Art” in my office at work).

Then, to the top of your drawer organizer, add a couple of velcro straps to hold the rolled game board.  Add a few nice weights to hold teh board flat when unrolled to one o fhte drawers and PRESTO!  a 1 handle, easy to carry, and totally organized AAR set.  (You could also just add a vinyl pouch to the back of the organizer with a size large enough to hold teh 6-fold game board…)

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m