• Yeah I was disappointed too. Germany has what, 2 cruiser and a BB?

• '16

and they have 4 subs…

• I think a bigger German navy house rule is in order. I’ll also probably give the british one sub.

• We still don’t know how much Navy the other CPs have. France moving its out of the Med may have opened possibilities for Austria Hungary and the Ottomans to do something really annoying.

• Customizer

What will Britain’s moves be?

My guesses:

Use the transports in the east to bring 4 units into Arabia, activating the Arab revolt and creating a large force in the south to menace the Turks.

Keep units in southern Africa on the defensive until the French arrive from the west.

The dilemma in Europe is Picardy/Belgium; only 1 German infantry is keeping Belgium contested, so this is the obvious place to land the BEF. However it could be wiped out on the next German turn, and Britain really wants to establish a permanent presence on the continent, so maybe unloading units in Picardy is a better long-term move?

You could even delay the move until the UK has a big enough force to cross over the channel in force, but this won’t go down too well in Paris…

If those U-Boats have sunk your Canadian fleet, you might have to start building transports, or else forget the Canadians for now.

• Other options for Britain of course- send troops to the Med to help Italy/Africa; send troops to… wait for it… Russia to prevent revolution.  Britain is realistically the only country capable of supplying direct support to Russia.

• Customizer

We don’t know for sure if Britain is allowed to send units to Russia, or how many SZs there are in the Arctic area. The UK probably needs all its transports to get the army into France.

In the ongoing demo game, my instinct would be to pile the B.E.F. into Picardy and build up a sizable army there. Very little can be gained by taking out the single German in Belgium, and the B.E.F. would then be exposed to a German counter-attack.

• True, we don’t know if Britain can send help to Russia.  My thought was that the UK is the most flexible country from the start- in that it should be able to supply help where needed.  The USA is also flexible, but 5-6 turns from helping.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m