8-Player Napoleonic Empires Free-For-All

• Greetings all,

Looking to get a brisk game of NapE on the go. Dice rolls (not low luck), projection of power victory conditions for quick play. Randomly assigned nations for each player; diplomacy rules in effect.

Beginners and sharks all welcome, please indicate your interest below. A couple of players have already expressed interest, but we’re looking to get a full house here.

We’ll begin as soon as all the slots are filled, first come first served.

Best regards,

MIR

• Sounds great! I am definetly up for this. NE is one of my favorite maps, and this only after one game which has not even ended yet.

FFA NE will surely be, if not unforgottable, then at least certainly worth the time spent on it.

Lets see who is the

of this forum  :mrgreen:

• im in  :mrgreen:

• Excellent! That’s 3/8.

Using a random number generator, I’ll assign the nations to players as they sign up.

Moilami, you’re France.

pr0c3ss, you’re the Ottoman Empire.

And I’m the Austrian Empire, much as I would have preferred otherwise…

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m interested in signing up.  There should be one or two turns per week to do plus several emails lying to each other about what faithful allies we will be?  I’m already participating in the XDAP tournament, I don’t want to get in over my head is all.

Thanks

• Customizer

u may want to switch to the 5 player version if you want a more balanced game.  the 8 player version is more for a roleplaying type of A&A game.

• I’m in with UK

• random nations, ok I’m still in!

And I agree with playing the 5ppl version!

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.2, time: 13:22:46

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.2, time: 13:23:20

• I’m in favor of an 8-player game, just because more insanity can occur, which I consider a good thing…

However, we do have 5 players here and ready to go, which is nice too.

So! I propose that we start a 5-player FFA game just to get some experience with it, and then if we have a good time with it we can expand it to an 8-player game on the same thread. Is everybody cool with that?

According to the randomizer:

Noll = Russia (Sorry!)
    Degrasse = United Kingdom

Moilami, you can download the attached file and get things started as Napoleon… The second email address for dice verification belongs to pr0c3ss.

Gentlemen, start your politicking!

Best regards,

M_I_R

5PlayerNapEpolitical.tsvg

• I am fine with it.

I make later today opening move with the France.

• As far as I know, we each have to reveal our politics first, in turn order.

So France has to make its proposals known first, and then UK, and so on down the line… You’ll have to start us off, Moilami.

There’s no better way than to do this via forum, and then just hit all of the appropriate politics buttons after we’re done.

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

So hypothetically I would suggest to Russia, Ottoman, and Austria that we all ally together and carve up France.  Then during the proposal phase whoever is France would do the button clicking for everyone’s proposals, and then start the combat turns?

• All of your Machiavellian scheming is done via PMs to the other players.

However, once you arrive at any formal arrangement, i.e., any actual change of diplomatic status results from your discussions, you must inform France (who clicks all the buttons at the beginning of the round), by declaring it on the board here in turn order.

For example, because France goes first diplomatically, Moilami must to announce any changes of status that involve him, and then pass to the rest of us in turn (as that’s the order the buttons have to be pushed), which means UK declares second, and so forth.

Thus: I will announce on Moilami’s behalf that France and Austria have, after lengthy and pained negotiations, arrived at a ceasefire.

Moilami, do you have anything more to add diplomacy-wise before Degrasse makes his political declarations (if any)?

• The France does not make any other proposals.

• Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.6.1.2, time: 03:01:22

• Here is a save file for our game.

It is UK’s turn to do diplomatics. I send the save here so that the game can go forward in the same time as UK has finished his negotiations, and you don’t have to wait for me to click on UK’s behalf.

• In the last napolenic forum game that I managed, we used to declare in the right order any political change by forum reply, also needing approvals.

Then after everyone was done, the France player did all the political stuffs.

• I can do it that way, no probs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m