• TripleA

ah crap, I should not have started this thread, now everyone is going to take egypt from me ><

• Exactly.  Without Italy to stop them in Africa Russia can become monstrous with the new NO.  Even what you said about landing Russians off a pair of British transports onto Sardinia and Sicily right after US takes Rome is not out for the question.  So the moral of the story is that if the UK and Russia players are on to it, the Italy player HAS to do some work in Africa; they can’t just ignore it.

• TripleA

I completely agree, but this is still pretty cool.

• @Cow:

ALSO IF USA CAN HOLD 95 FOR A TURN RUSSIA CAN GET SICILY AND SARDINIA FOR +6 MORE! LOOOOOOL.

Although Italy can scramble from Rome to stop you.  Unless you kill every Axis plane in Southern Italy, Russia can’t get those islands.

OH YEAH IF HE TAKES ANY OF THE FRENCH TERRITORIES (EXCEPT MORROCO COS I NEED TO DROP GUYS THERE) I COULD EVEN GET 4 MORE BUCKS FOR EACH ONE FOR RUSSIA LOL.

I don’t understand this - those french territories, you only get 1 for each, not 4.  The NO doesn’t apply to french territories.

Everything you’re saying is pretty good though.  I just wish the NO wasn’t so…exploitable like this.
    It’s not as bad as the previous one - like taking Ireland with Russia.  :lol:  It still seems a little silly to me, though, for Russia’s war against German aggression to be assisted, not through lend-lease or desperate Allied attacks on Germany’s western front, but through a single Russian unit grabbing Italian possessions in Africa.  :lol:

• TripleA

wait I thought if usa parks his fleet on 95 with loaded transport… on russia turn you unload, he scrambles…? doesn’t he have to attack the usa fleet?

oh yeah it does say originally italy german or pro axis. forgot the originally keyword. Still +19 if you get all the italian african spots. that’s a trip.

you can keep pumping 10 a round for a long time.

• No.
    There’s no such thing as a multi-national attack force in Axis and Allies.
    If Italy scrambles, it’s only against Russia.  Which means the battle of SZ 95 is 1 transports vs 1-3 fighters.
    The US fleet is not involved when Russia is attacking.

• it would only work after Rome is actually taken by USA.

• What happens if the Russian troops are on a UK or US transport taking Sicily (the scenario I was picturing reading the above). What do the Italian fighters scramble against? Can they shoot at UK/US transports on Russia’s combat turn? I thought they could only scramble against Russia. If they’re shooting at a US transport, it doesn’t make much sense that the US fleet has to sit there while its own transport dies.

• '17

In the scenario with Soviets on a US or UK transport:

Italy can scramble, no actual combat occurs (because there is no multinational offense) but scrambling prevents the Russians from offloading.

• TripleA

hmmm, oh well guess we take africa.

this is a good thing to know about transports. I generally do not have much of a uk fleet when i am doin drops…

• TripleA

For dice games dropping europe is much easier I think, because you can shuck 10 inf off uk every turn and not get strafed as easily. but for low luck… europe is rough.

i like the KJF approach.  uk keepin the ruskie income trick helps out big. get some minors in egypt and persia and mobilize.

it is hard for italy to take it back. always sink 97. sucks so much juice from italy plus no battleship tilt for when he goes to kill french navy. and if you got navy left you can convoy disrupt… if french navy lives it’ll die to germany but it can do an attack. it is kind of funny.

• @Cow:

well 1 russian mech could go to egypt and then blitz down… it just takes a few turns longer. I do this all the time, because I like russian income. those units tend to come back in time for action as well.

A Mech Inf can’t blitz on its own.

• @Vance:

If UK activates North Persia, then Russia can activate Iraq with 2 mech right after the German DOW and get an extra $5.  On the next turn they can move into Egypt.  If Italy is sulking instead of attacking Egypt, the Russians will get Tobruk ($3) and Ethiopia ($4).  Turn after that it will be Libya ($4) and Italian Somaliland ($3).  That’s $19.  Can anyone seriously think they can win as the axis with Russia earning that?  Italy MUST prevent this; they can’t just play defense in Northern Italy.  If they fight the battle of attrition with UK over Egypt it will drain UK’s resources as well as their own, but prevent USSR getting anywhere near those NOs.

Russia can’t activate Iraq - Iraq is Pro-axis isn’t it?
    You can attack Iraq, defeat the force, and capture it. Meaning you properly have to dedicate more than two Mech. Infs for that.

• TripleA

mechanized infantry have a movement of 2.

They can blitz with a tank, but otherwise move two spaces over friendly territories.
    ~

Never said russia activates iraq. I said you take it with russia. using either 4 mech units or 2 mech and the 2 persians. use air to assist.
    ~

I have has so much more success as allies doing this. +5 +4 +3 = 12 income everyturn. you get cash back so fast. then after you kill the tobruk force with a bunch of air… bling bling +7 more. does require russia to part with at least 2-4 mech depending on who you want to give persia to.

Such a good investment.

• @Cow:

mechanized infantry have a movement of 2.

They can blitz with a tank, but otherwise move two spaces over friendly territories.
    ~

Never said russia activates iraq. I said you take it with russia. using either 4 mech units or 2 mech and the 2 persians. use air to assist.
    ~

I have has so much more success as allies doing this. +5 +4 +3 = 12 income everyturn. you get cash back so fast. then after you kill the tobruk force with a bunch of air… bling bling +7 more. does require russia to part with at least 2-4 mech depending on who you want to give persia to.

Such a good investment.

Yes, it can blitz with a tank, but you said:
    well 1 russian mech could go to egypt and then blitz down
    It can’t do that, then you’ll need to dedicate a tank with it.

And no, you didn’t’ say activate Iraq - but the person I quoted did.

• @Xandax:

@Vance:

If UK activates North Persia, then Russia can activate Iraq with 2 mech right after the German DOW and get an extra $5.  On the next turn they can move into Egypt.  If Italy is sulking instead of attacking Egypt, the Russians will get Tobruk ($3) and Ethiopia ($4).  Turn after that it will be Libya ($4) and Italian Somaliland ($3).  That’s $19.  Can anyone seriously think they can win as the axis with Russia earning that?  Italy MUST prevent this; they can’t just play defense in Northern Italy.  If they fight the battle of attrition with UK over Egypt it will drain UK’s resources as well as their own, but prevent USSR getting anywhere near those NOs.

Russia can’t activate Iraq - Iraq is Pro-axis isn’t it?
    You can attack Iraq, defeat the force, and capture it. Meaning you properly have to dedicate more than two Mech. Infs for that.

Sorry I guess I had the other Persia in my mind.  But still, they could ATTACK Iraq if north persia is actiated by UK.

• TripleA

lez stop arguing guys. russian income from africa is awesome, can we just agree? :)

• @Cow:

lez stop arguing guys. russian income from africa is awesome, can we just agree? :)

Awesome but sometimes hard to do.

• TripleA

If there is a will, there is a way. :)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Where there’s a whip, there’s a way!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m