• What do you people think about landing an AA in Java along with the inf and fighters?

Have you heard of or tried or seen this?

Did it work?

I like it because it is a base to harass Japan’s navy and a fortress that is costly to crack.

• I have to say that ANZAC doesn’t have the resources to pull that one off in time. And it would take at least 3 or 4 turns. Just ANZAC couldn’t hold off Japan. All ANZAC planes boats and say maybe 6 infantry wouldn’t be enough to even make a dent.

Perhaps America could come in and try that and be supported by the ANZAC. Make it a base of some sort but the Caroline Islands serve better if you ask me.

• Granted Java has more IPC value, but DNG I believe is far superior from an annoying factor for Japan.  The list of SZ and territories that can be hit from DNG with a NB on it is pretty insane, and I mean insane.

Iwo Jima, Okinawa, the ENTIRE Asian coast with the exception of Korea and the Russian territories.  Every DEI, Calcutta, Caroline Islands just to name… well most of the Pacific Board.

The great thing about DNG is that DNG is a VERY annoying place for Japan to get to.  About the equivalent of the US trying to get into the Med in the Atlantic in regards to what it has to do just in planning to get there.

Toss AA guns from Anzac on there for the first few turns and Japan will have a VERY hard time taking it away from you.

• The USA is not allowed to take control of DNG until it is in the war, right?
    It would be great if the economic giant could be responsible for building the NB and AB on that island fortress.

• @MacNaughton:

The USA is not allowed to take control of DNG until it is in the war, right?
    It would be great if the economic giant could be responsible for building the NB and AB on that island fortress.

The Americans are never allowed to take Dutch territories unless they are taking them back from the Axis powers. Only UK and ANZAC can pick up Dutch territories while they’re still Dutch.

• @creeping-deth87:

@MacNaughton:

The USA is not allowed to take control of DNG until it is in the war, right?

The Americans are never allowed to take Dutch territories unless they are taking them back from the Axis powers. Only UK and ANZAC can pick up Dutch territories while they’re still Dutch.

Very unfortunate for sure.  Does make UK/Anzac Alliance reconsider who takes DNG with the potential it poses for the Allied Strategy.  Still, DNG is a full 3 turn move from any US IC even if the US controls it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m