• @Commando:

@Cow:

oh man I thought I had this sub stuff down. Now I am confused. He can retreat his transports from doing an amphi assualt? I thought they are stuck in the seazone and you have to lose them to the sub… they can only retreat if they are not unloading…

This rarely comes up.

Cow,  once a transport unloads, its movement is done.

After looking through the rules. Transports can retreat from a sea battle but they can’t retreat from an amphib assault. Meaning, if transports enter a sea battle and the sea battle is going badly, they can retreat to a adjacent SZ from at least one of the naval units came from. However, if the sea battle is successful, the transports are committed to the seaborne invasion.

• yeah but im not spending 400 dollars on the europe half… there is a re-release date planned sometime this year i hope with the revised rules and everythning

• TripleA

1941 comes out soon and it is cheap.

I thought of putting my global boards up for sale. I don’t like playing global, it is a horrible game to play live, it never gets finished.

• @Cow:

1941 comes out soon and it is cheap.

I thought of putting my global boards up for sale. I don’t like playing global, it is a horrible game to play live, it never gets finished.

Funny that you say this, b/c after about 50 games of G40 (20 of them with the Final Alpha), I too am actually getting bored of it a little.  Now that I know the main strategies/openings, maybe I will play this a couple times a year for kicks.  I really think the 42 2nd edition is gonna be “THE Game” now for AA- seems like its AA50 status.  From what I’m hearing its much improved an can be actually played in 6hrs unlike Global- 12-18hrs- uggh.

• TripleA

I hate playing the allies in global, as a whole it is so gimped and it feels like it is missing something.

• @Cow:

I hate playing the allies in global, as a whole it is so gimped and it feels like it is missing something.

I like playing Allies, but i do believe that Germany and Japan get way too many bonuses (and too easy ones too for that matter)

• TripleA

yeah, the axis get to attack whatever they feel like… the allies are slow and when they can start to do stuff, it is already over.

• @special:

@Cow:

I like playing Allies, but i do believe that Germany and Japan get way too many bonuses (and too easy ones too for that matter)

Yeah Germany gets a bonus straight out of the box that’s rarely threatened and the UK gets a hard one they spend half the game just trying to get, The Russian bonuses are either complained about (Africa anyone?) or only come into play when the game is getting ready to be over, or flat out over. 10 IPCs for capturing berlin. Japan surrenders after Berlin is captured. What’s the 10 IPCs for? Seems to me once the Allies start collecting on there bonuses it’s game over. American troops in Paris. How long does a game last after that one is collected on?

The Allied bonuses seem to be spiking the ball.

German bonuses are simply put Protect Norway and Denmark, Capture and Protect Russian Cities, Push into the Mid-East.
    Japan bonuses are capture and protect empty islands and the Phillipines. Pull off India crush, then take hawaii
    Italy bonuses are over come UK doing everything it can to keep you from collecting on a single bonus.

USSR bonuses are capture and protect enemy territories, capture enemy capital
    UK bonuses are protect everything or get nothing
    USA bonuses are by far the easiest the only “hard” ones are Phillipines and Paris but by the time those two are collected on it’s already game over.
    France has zero hope of getting theres without help
    ANZAC losses it’s bonuses as soon as japan desides to take them away. Not to be regained until the game is desided.
    China burma road is one of the hardest bonuses to collect in the game.

• The allied bonuses are awful.

USSR should have more to do with lend lease.
    While no Allied units are in Soviet territory, and no hositile axis warships border the territory in question.
    3 IPCs if allies control Persia and it is connected to Moscow via allied controlled territories
    3 IPCs if allies control Amur and it is connected to Moscow via allied controlled territories
    3 IPCs if allies control Archangel and it is connected to Moscow via allied controlled territories

UK should have more specific bonuses
    5 IPCs if the UK controls Scotland, Gibraltar, Egypt and Trans-Jordan and no hostile axis ships border any of these territories.
    5 IPCs if sea zones 107, 108, 117 and 118 are free of axis warships, and no axis submarines occupy a sea zone adjacent to any of these sea zones

USA should have more offensive bonuses
    20 IPCs when at war and the axis controls no territories in North or South America
    5 IPCs for control of the Phillipines
    5 IPCs for control of Normandy Bordeux OR Holland/Belgium

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Oz,

Does that include Brazil?

I’d liked to have had more thought on the NOs as well.  They’re too vanilla.  There could have been some NOs for never losing certain territories (when you lose the NO, it’s GONE FOREVER) which could simulate lack of combat damage to factories, etc.  NOs for complete domination of entire continents (easy to snipe, if you can field a navy!)

Russia’s NO should be if they control territories back to China, they get free infantry - instead of cash.

Maybe none of that, but there certainly could have been more thought put into it.  Feels like half a game too me.  IMHO anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m