So what colors should I paint my Indian/Anzac troops

• Hey,
    I’m hammering out rules for a global game of the old versions of axis and allies Europe and Pacific
    I’ve decided to paint the ANZAC and INDIAN units separate colors to distinguish them. What colors do you suggest I paint them?

• Keep Indian Units the same color, and paint ANZAC units brown/gray like ANZACs in pacific 1940

• if you have Pacific 1940 just use Australia’s units, but if not then paint them that grey color then for India if you really want to paint them Red.

• Well I wound up painting the ANZAcs a dark Blue, because it was reminiscent of the Aussie flag. I’m gonna paint Indian units orange. I’ll probably do some Canadian units in Red or white.

• @dannyboy2016:

Well I wound up painting the ANZAcs a dark Blue, because it was reminiscent of the Aussie flag. I’m gonna paint Indian units orange. I’ll probably do some Canadian units in Red or white.

Dark Blue? That’s the French color

• this is french blue. Dark blue could be Vichy.

• @dannyboy2016:

Well I wound up painting the ANZAcs a dark Blue, because it was reminiscent of the Aussie flag. I’m gonna paint Indian units orange. I’ll probably do some Canadian units in Red or white.

Japan’s Orange

• I was going to use a light blue for the French.
    In my version of Pacific the Japanese pieces are red.

• @dannyboy2016:

I was going to use a light blue for the French.
    In my version of Pacific the Japanese pieces are red.

Really? I think people are keeping secrets from me. How much games had guys like this?

• The early versions of Pacific had the Red Japanese.

• @dannyboy2016:

Japan’s red, and Canada didn’t do anything in the Pacific.

• @Dylan:

Aleutian Islands campaign (5,300 ground troops at Kiska); the Royal Rifles of Canada regiment was dispatched to Hong Kong; also in Hong Kong, the Winnipeg Grenadiers and the Prince Edward Island Highlanders regiment; also the Cruiser HMS Uganda was operated by the Canadians in the British Pacific Fleet. While the majority of Canada’s contribution to the Allied war effort was in Europe they also did serve in the Pacific as well.

• @a44bigdog:

@Dylan:

Aleutian Islands campaign (5,300 ground troops at Kiska); the Royal Rifles of Canada regiment was dispatched to Hong Kong; also in Hong Kong, the Winnipeg Grenadiers and the Prince Edward Island Highlanders regiment; also the Cruiser HMS Uganda was operated by the Canadians in the British Pacific Fleet. While the majority of Canada’s contribution to the Allied war effort was in Europe they also did serve in the Pacific as well.

Were they volunteers or real soldiers.

• Those are Canadian units Dylan, not Canadian volunteers in other Commonwealth or US forces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m