• Founder TripleA Admin

tsvg files have been allowed for a few weeks now. Check out the list extensions list next to the file upload input.

• 2007 AAR League

@polywog:

Ah - got it. Actually, SD and I have been renaming the files and dropping the .doc and then re-posting them as .tsvg files. I guess we should probably skip this step…

To add to something Froodster posted a while back about waypoints: usually TripleA seems to be picking the best route - the one point that gets me every time, though is Mongolia. It might be a nice feature to skip neutral territories as path options for air movement.

I assume that’s for classic - in Revised, TripleA avoids the neutral territories altogether.

Nice to know that .tsvg is allowed now. I pm’d you with that request, I just never heard back.

• 2007 AAR League

@djensen:

tsvg files have been allowed for a few weeks now. Check out the list extensions list next to the file upload input.

Great!  I’ll let Tonez know.

• 2007 AAR League

Hey guys.  I haven’t been hanging around these forums much lately since I’m currently in between games, but the good news is I’ve been spending that time submitting stuff to the triplea 0.9 stream on sourceforge.  After I went through all my changes and itemized them and prioritized them for clean submission, it turns out I have 15 different patches.  I’m on #4 right now… and the forum posting is currently sitting at #9, with my new edit features coming in after that.  I expect that everything should be in by mid-march or so, but I also am getting distracted fixing other stuff along the way, which overall is probably a good thing for the project.

When I submit the turn summary posting stuff I’ll be sure to remove the .doc extension for the save game files.
    In the meantime I’d be interested to hear if you guys find any bugs or weird issues while using the triplea jar file you are using, particularly with turn summary posting.

I’ve posted a new bug report for that issue, polygon:
      SF#1668015 - disallow neutral territories in route in revised

• thanks, tonez. Sub Dude and I started a rematch (I was handily whooped in the first game) using the same jar file you sent a while back. I will let you know if we see anything weird…

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

Axis and Allies is kind of Captain Obvious for me.  You either keep going with what’s working, or switch to a different plan if your plan isn’t working.

“Working” doesn’t mean you have to be killing everything.  For example, 1 German tank in Africa while the Allies have nothing there is “working” pretty damn well.

In that light - the only thing I REALLY need to keep track of is which side is which.  Because my opponent might just say “um yeah . . . you’re the Axis, srsly!” and I’ll be like “wth, how did I get in this mess”.

So basically - if I know which side I’m playing, I just look at the board and do whatever needs doing.

It is very rare for me to NOT know what to do; that sort of thing is usually from a mixup over sides.

TripleA should have a function that lets each player write notes, then when both players hit an “end game” option, they could read each others notes.

• @tonez:

When I submit the turn summary posting stuff I’ll be sure to remove the .doc extension for the save game files.
    In the meantime I’d be interested to hear if you guys find any bugs or weird issues while using the triplea jar file you are using, particularly with turn summary posting.

I received the attached error during turn posting. It looks like only the screenshot didn’t post correctly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 2007 AAR League

I know sometimes the screenshot-hosting website goes down, although I’m not sure if that is why it didn’t post in this situation.

• 2007 AAR League

In triplea playing revised, in the mobilize new units phase, when you click on a territory with one of your industrial complexes, it says “Left to select: X” where X is the number of units you are allowed to place in the territory (because of the territory IPC value).  I think the wording is confusing, and you might think that you have that many units left to place.  I would change the wording to “territory unit limit:” or something like that.

Minor request, I know.

• Editable text files as attachments or something whatever.

The key is - if you’re watching a replay, you don’t see any smack talk.  You don’t see what the players were thinking.  It’s like watching a football game without any commentary.

If there were a general text file that both players could edit and look at, and ALSO player-specific password protected text files (unlockable by inputting a password), a player that watched a replay could see:

The general text file, containing running in game comments like “ya i blew up ur battleship hawhaw”, and also password protected text, like “I built 2 transports to threaten invasion of London and attack Karelia”.

If the player entering the text were identified, and the password protected text identified by color (say blue for player 1, green for player 2, red for player 3, etc. etc.), it would make for a far more interesting replay.

• 2007 AAR League

good thoughts.

• 2007 AAR League

npb, Interesting indeed.  In multiplayer mode, there is already a chat window at the bottom of the screen.  I wonder if it would make sense to tie this feature into the chat window.
    The chat window already has a list of players that can be selected, although selecting them currently does nothing. Perhaps we can tap into this so that selecting them actually filters who gets to see your messages.
    This is not on my priority list but it’s a good idea!

• 2007 AAR League

froodster and ncscswitch had some good suggestions and discussion after playing TripleA vs. game board, here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=9163.msg178614#msg178614

• 2007 AAR League

I’d really like to improve my triplea dicey for better input. However, all I know is how many dice are rolled - I don’t know how to read what the units are etc. If I knew that, I could build a better dicey.

I notice the clayton.ca dicey includes combat units - what variable is that passed in? What’s the API (is that what I’m talking about?)

I’m willing to work on a better on and then share it with clayton.ca. Then for reliability if one site was down users could use the same one on another site.

Other than that, sounds like you’ve drawn all the lessons learned in my game against switch.

I will report that I did often get error windows popping when Edit mode was active and AA guns were being handled. It may also have been during sub fire and coastal bombardment. Sorry I can’t be more specific. However I just had to click X on the window and the program continued as normal.

• @tonez:

froodster and ncscswitch had some good suggestions and discussion after playing TripleA vs. game board, here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=9163.msg178614#msg178614

I have also noticed that if the dicey bails during the roll, can’t find the server, etc, it is completely dumping back to windows. (Even with a valid exit/roll again dialog box). I’m seeing this in v9.02

…one of these attempts I’m going to remember to save before rolling  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

There should be an autosave.tsvg file if it bails.  You should be able to load that autosave game file up and find yourself exactly where you left off.

I wonder why it’s bailing…

• @rjclayton:

There should be an autosave.tsvg file if it bails.  You should be able to load that autosave game file up and find yourself exactly where you left off.

I wonder why it’s bailing…

Guess that AI ain’t so dumb after all.

• Founder TripleA Admin

This might already be in this thread but I got lazy … is it possible to use the in house dice roller with TripleA?

• 2007 AAR League

Yes, with the new Edit mode features that Tonez is working on. I used this in my game against Switch - I rolled the dice with the in-house roller, then entered casualties manually in TripleA rather than having TripleA roll dice. It was pretty easy actually. It’s a much better tool for PBF with any dicey than either BattleMap or MapView IMO. It’s almost there. I predict that in a year it will be the only tool being used on this board.

• 2007 AAR League

Here are some comments from Sub Dude and Polywog on using TripleA in their recent game:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8992.msg184778#msg184778

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m