• 2007 AAR League

Oops, I already gave it to djensen - hope tonez can forgive me. I figured it would be okay. After all, the new features involve TripleA being able to post and upload files to his site, he should probably have a chance to look it over.

• 2007 AAR League

@froodster:

By the way, can you really land Ftrs on a newly built carrier? TripleA seems not to allow it, but I recall earlier discussion of the rules that this was allowed. Anywho, the AC can wait until G2.

Another issue with TripleA and AAR.  implementation is different depending on whether TripleA is implementing OOB or LHTR ruleset.

• 2007 AAR League

OK, the jar file that froodster and djensen have has a bug preventing Russia from collecting IPCs in R1.

I’ve emailed a new jar file to froodster with the fix.  It’s the same one I sent out to polywog and Sub Dude, who found the bug.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Can you send to david.jensen [at] axisandallies.org also?

• 2007 AAR League

@djensen:

Can you send to david.jensen [at] axisandallies.org also?

gotcha.

• Has the forum posting version been released on the TripleA site? After I struggled a bit with ABattlemap, SubDude and I switched the game we started in TripleA back to TripleA. I can’t get over how slick this is. Really nice job. I have a few friends looking to start up a forum game using TripleA, but I don’t want to hand out the jar file without a blessing.

• 2007 AAR League

I know that Tonez is in the process of committing those changes to Sourceforge as we speak.  I don’t know how long it will take for it to get done maybe Tonez can comment.

Glad to hear you guys were willing to give TripleA a second chance!

• Great - I love it, so was definitely excited to give it another go.

• Any chance of getting 9.x’s battle calculator and “max” button for unit placement into the forum version? Both are pretty handy features for those of us too lazy for the 2 extra mouse clicks and the trip to frood.  :-)

Also, we’ve noticed that the posted .tsvg file adds a .doc extension to the saved file.

So far, we’ve done 3 full rounds without any troubles. Man, this is easy!

• 2007 AAR League

The reason for the .doc extension is that djensen did not allow files of type *.tsvg to be posted to this forum as attachments.  As soon as they are allowed Tonez is planning on removing that extension I believe.

Don’t know about the battle calculator or max button, but if they are part of the sourceforge project then I would assume they would get merged with Tonez’ changes as part of a release.

• Ah - got it. Actually, SD and I have been renaming the files and dropping the .doc and then re-posting them as .tsvg files. I guess we should probably skip this step…

To add to something Froodster posted a while back about waypoints: usually TripleA seems to be picking the best route - the one point that gets me every time, though is Mongolia. It might be a nice feature to skip neutral territories as path options for air movement.

• Founder TripleA Admin

tsvg files have been allowed for a few weeks now. Check out the list extensions list next to the file upload input.

• 2007 AAR League

@polywog:

Ah - got it. Actually, SD and I have been renaming the files and dropping the .doc and then re-posting them as .tsvg files. I guess we should probably skip this step…

To add to something Froodster posted a while back about waypoints: usually TripleA seems to be picking the best route - the one point that gets me every time, though is Mongolia. It might be a nice feature to skip neutral territories as path options for air movement.

I assume that’s for classic - in Revised, TripleA avoids the neutral territories altogether.

Nice to know that .tsvg is allowed now. I pm’d you with that request, I just never heard back.

• 2007 AAR League

@djensen:

tsvg files have been allowed for a few weeks now. Check out the list extensions list next to the file upload input.

Great!  I’ll let Tonez know.

• 2007 AAR League

Hey guys.  I haven’t been hanging around these forums much lately since I’m currently in between games, but the good news is I’ve been spending that time submitting stuff to the triplea 0.9 stream on sourceforge.  After I went through all my changes and itemized them and prioritized them for clean submission, it turns out I have 15 different patches.  I’m on #4 right now… and the forum posting is currently sitting at #9, with my new edit features coming in after that.  I expect that everything should be in by mid-march or so, but I also am getting distracted fixing other stuff along the way, which overall is probably a good thing for the project.

When I submit the turn summary posting stuff I’ll be sure to remove the .doc extension for the save game files.
    In the meantime I’d be interested to hear if you guys find any bugs or weird issues while using the triplea jar file you are using, particularly with turn summary posting.

I’ve posted a new bug report for that issue, polygon:
      SF#1668015 - disallow neutral territories in route in revised

• thanks, tonez. Sub Dude and I started a rematch (I was handily whooped in the first game) using the same jar file you sent a while back. I will let you know if we see anything weird…

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

Axis and Allies is kind of Captain Obvious for me.  You either keep going with what’s working, or switch to a different plan if your plan isn’t working.

“Working” doesn’t mean you have to be killing everything.  For example, 1 German tank in Africa while the Allies have nothing there is “working” pretty damn well.

In that light - the only thing I REALLY need to keep track of is which side is which.  Because my opponent might just say “um yeah . . . you’re the Axis, srsly!” and I’ll be like “wth, how did I get in this mess”.

So basically - if I know which side I’m playing, I just look at the board and do whatever needs doing.

It is very rare for me to NOT know what to do; that sort of thing is usually from a mixup over sides.

TripleA should have a function that lets each player write notes, then when both players hit an “end game” option, they could read each others notes.

• @tonez:

When I submit the turn summary posting stuff I’ll be sure to remove the .doc extension for the save game files.
    In the meantime I’d be interested to hear if you guys find any bugs or weird issues while using the triplea jar file you are using, particularly with turn summary posting.

I received the attached error during turn posting. It looks like only the screenshot didn’t post correctly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 2007 AAR League

I know sometimes the screenshot-hosting website goes down, although I’m not sure if that is why it didn’t post in this situation.

• 2007 AAR League

In triplea playing revised, in the mobilize new units phase, when you click on a territory with one of your industrial complexes, it says “Left to select: X” where X is the number of units you are allowed to place in the territory (because of the territory IPC value).  I think the wording is confusing, and you might think that you have that many units left to place.  I would change the wording to “territory unit limit:” or something like that.

Minor request, I know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m