TripleA 188.8.131.52 Stable Has Been Released
I can confirm that this issue was present in the pre-release Jars leading up to the stable release. I mentioned it in the AI dev thread.
The issue is particularly pronounced in the G1 opening for global. Where the German attacker can get stuck in sz 110 and sz 111 battles, unable to retreat.
I found and fixed the issue. I have a pull request open to merge the change in: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/pull/127
We will probably need to do a new release 184.108.40.206 but will need to discuss with Veqryn.
You can test the fix by downloading and installing the pre-release using the instructions here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/AI-Development-Discussion-tp7585227.html
Would appreciate if a few people can test it out.
Just downloaded, seems to work for me. No more skipping the combat phase in sz 111, the German battleship is free to strafe once more hehe
@all - We are looking to release 220.127.116.11 shortly due to the naval retreat bug that was found and fixed. I’ve uploaded the pre-release equivalent of that and would appreciate some assistance testing various maps, game types, etc to make sure there aren’t any issues. Pre-release install instructions here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/AI-Development-Discussion-tp7585227.html
Here is the change log:
- Bug fix, retreat from naval combat was not possible, now fixed
- Increase scroll speed when using arrow keys. Holding down control speeds up arrow key scroll
- Map edge scroll zone now larger, placing map next to the very edge of the map increases scroll speed even more
- AI: Fixed calculating defenses on maps with air/naval bases to properly calculate enemy range
- AI: Fixed bug around not defending against enemy units that were transported the previous turn (they were being marked as already transported when potential enemy attacks were calculated)