If someone is interested in my "old" Fig strat look here.

• 2007 AAR League

Well im back here again trying to show you people the “way”  :-P

Well maybe im destroying the surprise for Dudeman, but what the heck…  Im trying out the old Fig strat with Germany as i outlined here: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5491.msg108567#msg108567

And going for it in my game vs Dudeman here ; http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8910.msg165680#msg165680

I have to admitt 2 things;  1. Dudeman sen´t a lot of Russians into an untimely death in the begining (not many players on this board would do that initial move i presume), not saying this to take dudeman down or anything just so you all know.

2. i lost a bit more troops than ideal for this to work perfectly (but that probably even it out a bit with the dead russians…)

Please comment if you have the interest in this way to fight with Germany.

• 2007 AAR League

welcome back nix, your strat does intrest me.  i see you bought 3 bom with germany in a game. thats great.  hope you get your first W soon.

• 2007 AAR League

thanx for the piety  :-P im going to make it work  ;)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have seen a lot of air force strats with Europe, some good ones, some bad ones.  My initial impression of your strat is that it is bad and here is why:

1)  You saved nothing to build ground units to replace your losses to Russia and in your counter attacks to Russia
    2)  You saved nothing to defend the Baltic Fleet, that’s fine against me, but most other players would try to sink that fleet with England now.
    3)  Bombers are useless at defense.  I find them more of a liability then an asset in any game I play.

Bear in mind those are just my personal opinions on the matter.  However, if I may, here’s how I would go for an air force strat:

1)  Round 1 buy a carrier OR 1 fighter
    2)  Round 2 on for the next 8 rounds (up to round 10) buy 1 fighter a round.

Fighters make exceptional defensive units with good range.  Also, with 15-16 fighters no British fleet in their right mind is going to make port in Italy or Scandinavia.

• It is an out-of-the-box idea.  I’d try to incorperate it into a Battle for Britian plan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m