• Playing Revised game for the first time tonight.  I was hoping the revised version would eliminate the need for bids, but it sounds like it does not - what a shame.

General Questions

• Axis are still bound to lose the vast majority of the time, all things being equal?
    • Bids are generally lower though in revised?  I saw several posts with averages around 7-12 or so.

• Bids are far lower in revised than in Classic. The forum games here are usually going in the 7-12 range you mention. I think the win/loss is tipped to the Allies in the forum but I don’t think anyone as done a lot of research and has hard numbers on it.

Yeah, I agree with Frimmel.

I think straight up, the Aliies have the adv, but it is clearly not like Classic and a slighlty down roll on R1 (Belo or Ukr) or a slight G1 roll up could make the game even real quick if not shift the balance.

I think 3-5 IPC in Lib is a great start just to help Germany from a potential screw job if the inf, arm, AND ftr all hit in Egy on defense.

After a few games, I think the 6-9 range is good to spread between both G and J if you want to really make the Allies work.

Personally, I’m really hesitant to give up 9 or more b/c I don’t want to see Germany with the ablity to place 3 inf, also with 8 you run the risk of seeing Germany drop a tran somewhere, which could throw you for a loop.

• Thank you both

• Adding my own 2 cents…

Classic bids tended to be in the low to mid 20’s.  Without any bid, Axis win rates were in the low single digits (with two equal strength players)

In Revised, Bids seem to run 5-9 for games played here on these boards (and 9 seems to be average elswhere with the FIDA bid system).  Without a bid, the Axis wins about 30% to 40% of the time.

As for win rates…
    My average bid is 7 for the Axis.
    Out of 21 games played as the Axis, I have won 17.
    Out of 9 played as the Allies I have won 5.

• “but I don’t think anyone as done a lot of research and has hard numbers on it.”

I have.

The key bid amount depends on the ruleset you are playing.

I could add more.  But I will wait for others to expand on my HINTY HINT HINT!

beer!

• @newpaintbrush:

“but I don’t think anyone as done a lot of research and has hard numbers on it.”

I have.

beer!

GIVE ME YOUR HARD NUMEBRS NOW.

We play without a bid around here, and the Axis still manage to win 3 or 4 out of 10 games, like switch said.

• @Cobert:

GIVE ME YOUR HARD NUMEBRS NOW.

zomg

drinks first?

• ur on lolol

• @newpaintbrush:

“but I don’t think anyone as done a lot of research and has hard numbers on it.”

I have.

beer!

It would be nice if you would post some of your research into bids and the win/loss ratios of the sides and how the ruleset effects those numbers.  :-)

• arghy.  VERY WELL, I shall post something that is of use.  But not with a lot of numbers.  Because numbers are OBVIOUSLY EVIL.

Say you are playing OOB/FAQ.  The moment you hit 8 IPC, you can buy a Baltic transport.  The normal problem with G1 Long Range Aircraft Sea Lion is that you lose all your aircraft in the attack.  But if you bring another transport, then you can preserve two more fighters, AND with a possible Baltic buy of 1 transport, you can get a lock on London.  Owning UK and having a decent German air force makes any US offensive on Europe very difficult.  (Look at the board, and think about what happens when London is a German fighter base.)

• @ncscswitch:

FIDA bid system

what is that?  :?  :? there aint no bid like a crazy bid. classic is more fun to have crazy bids. 1 sub to sol  :lol: for revised i usally bid a 6-8.  may even bid lower if i now somes is going to bid almost nothig. 8 ipcs if i think i can get then put  a trn in the baltic.  anyone ever susccefully bid a fig? 10 ipcs.

• The FIDA bid restricts the bid placement… only half of the IPC’s may be placed before the start of the game, the rest go into the back to be used later.

• 2007 AAR League

FIDA is the way to go.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

FIDA sucks.  It just turns a 9 IPC bid into an 18 IPC bid so you can get the units you need with the added benefit of some extra cash. (BTW, FIDA stands for the clubs that organized the bid rules.  Flames of Europe; Daak, AAMC and someone else, forget who ‘I’ stands for, it’s not important.)

As for me, I’ve seen Revised bids much closer to the 12-18 IPC mark for a standard bid (24 for FIDA bid) lately.  Probably because allied tactics are getting better and better so the axis have to work harder and harder.

• '19 Moderator

@Jennifer:

(BTW, FIDA stands for the clubs that organized the bid rules.  Flames of Europe; Daak, AAMC and someone else, forget who ‘I’ stands for, it’s not important.)

International Axis and Allies Players Association  IAAPA?

• @Craig:

c) Naval units can be placed with other naval units or in territories adjacent to a power’s land

This would create some interesting bids… in games where the bid was high enough
    (but with the auction bid system, I doubt there are many bids of + or - 8 or more to allow naval units)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m