• 2007 AAR League

if an odd amount. Somebody would have to get a Bye or free win. something like that.

how are the divisions going to work exactly?

are you just going to play against players in your division? then if so how will the divisions be made up? ( What i’m trying to say is somehow make the divisions fair to give evry1  a chance. Example Baseball, my team the Blue jays can’t outspend the yankees or red-sox and therefore almost next to impossible to make the playoffs.)

• This is an interesting concept.

Can I ask why you would insist on using the “inhouse” roller?  With all due respect, it is significantly inferior to AAMC, FOE, or DAAK/Wargamer’s Club rollers.  While it is relatively simple to initiate a roll, after that it is needlessly complicated.  All hits have to be calculated manually while each of the other rollers does that automatically and then updates the units for the next round.  Manual adjustments are only necessary for non-standard OOLs.  For AAMC and FOE, all rolls create a game log that can be checked for future reference.  If you get a game number for Rich at Wargamer’s club, you can get a roll log created there as well.  You don’t have to clog up your message board with all your game turns.

Those are just my thoughts.  I’d be interested in playing but not on the AA.org roller.

SS

@saburo:

This is an interesting concept.Â

Can I ask why you would insist on using the “inhouse” roller?  With all due respect, it is significantly inferior to AAMC, FOE, or DAAK/Wargamer’s Club rollers.  While it is relatively simple to initiate a roll, after that it is needlessly complicated.  All hits have to be calculated manually while each of the other rollers does that automatically and then updates the units for the next round.  Manual adjustments are only necessary for non-standard OOLs.  For AAMC and FOE, all rolls create a game log that can be checked for future reference.  If you get a game number for Rich at Wargamer’s club, you can get a roll log created there as well.  You don’t have to clog up your message board with all your game turns.

Those are just my thoughts.  I’d be interested in playing but not on the AA.org roller.

SSÂ

No, no, no!  :-D
    I ment I’d only use the “in-house roller” to pick who is in each division or to help make up the schedule, NOT to use for the games.

That way everyone can see out in the open how the divisions were made up or schedules and we can avoid things like “how come X,Y, and Z are in this divison, but I have to play…”

@NoMercy:

if an odd amount. Somebody would have to get a Bye or free win. something like that.

how are the divisions going to work exactly?

are you just going to play against players in your division? then if so how will the divisions be made up? ( What i’m trying to say is somehow make the divisions fair to give evry1 a chance. Example Baseball, my team the Blue jays can’t outspend the yankees or red-sox and therefore almost next to impossible to make the playoffs.)

See above.
    It will be completely random and out in the open.
    At this point I have no way of really judging what could be an “unfair” division or not.  I’ve only played about 10 games total and while I’ve played you twice (1-1), I have not played anyone else who is interested and have no idea what a “division of doom” may look like.  :-)

Example below:

I think I would do something like this:
    list the players
    Player 1
    Player 2
    Player 3
    ….
    Player 10

Then roll saying 1 = divison 1, 2 = division 2,
    Results stop after either divison reaches 5 (10 player example)

DiceRolling 10 2-sided dice:
    1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1

Example continued
    Results:

Division 1
    Player 1
    Player 2
    Player 3
    Player 4
    Player 8

Division 2
    P 5
    P 6
    P 7
    P 9
    P 10

Something like that.

• 2007 AAR League

sounds good.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d go with static 7 bid, 2 Infantry in Libya, 1 IPC to Japan or whatever we consider a NORMAL bid with placement.

It makes the games a bit more even from game to game.  Otherwise, you might have 1 team bid 24 for the axis (2 destroyers in SZ5) and another bid 30 for the axis (3 fighters in Belorussia) because neither side wants the axis.  Talk about a screwed up game!

:P

Oh yea, before you say it wouldnt happen, I did it!

I bid, once, 44 IPC.  1 Fighter Ukraine, 1 Fighter Libya, 1 Battleship SZ-5.  I was almost guarenteed to be under bid (blind bid of course) no matter what!

• 2007 AAR League

i could be interested as well

• 2007 AAR League

was there a bid restrictment in that game Jennifer?

Sounded like a foolish game from the start but you could of stacked I dunno lets say West-Russia with 10 Inf and Ukraine with some extra units for good measure. or some trns for the med. seems like Russia would be toast in no time.

and yes I agree with Jennifer a static bid should be set in place at 6-9 for every game to ensure there isn’t any crazy games for 1, and it keeps everybody on the same playing field.

I love the 2 inf in Lib and 1 IPC torwards Japan as well. the extra Africa units sure help vs a counter-attack from UK on turn1

No bid restriction.  It was blind (DAAK) so he bid 6 IPC against me, and won. :)

Sometimes I just wanna be allies!

• While I am very interested in the idea, I think I am going to have to beg away from it.

My 1 game at a time restriction (both due to technology, and to keeping my marriage), as well as other time demands, would make it so that I could only play League games or Tournaments.

I am not sure that I want to lock myself in THAT tight at this time.

For those who can play multiple games at once, sounds like a grand idea!

• 2007 AAR League

if your computer can run the internet i’m sure it can run the battlemap….

I’m a die-hard fan of the actual board also switch… but noticed I could do 3 games at once instead of 1. so the way i love axis and allies this was a sure win win situation for me. I still have the board around for reference and stuff.

• You know, I love to game too.

But I love Angel more :-D

• 2007 AAR League

that is true… Wont argue with the love between a man and a woman. MY girlfriend is actually called Russia  :-D

you may find it more efficient to get 1-3 games in at the same time you would get 1 game in on a actual board.
    but I wont argue with you there either. you probably are to much of a die-hard actual board fan :) which is cool. I liek the board a lot to. Glad the new one came out, I only played classic twice and didn’t really like it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m