• Well, I am considering returning to this game after 7 years away.  I enjoyed the game a lot but couldn’t handle having a board set up on my desk all the time.  I have a PC now instead of a mac and thought that by now there must be programs to keep track of the game so you didn’t need to have a board.

Could someone direct me to the most commonly used interface for PBEM games.  I am most interested in AA and I don’t know which rule set I know.  I bought the game in 1986.

Thanks,

Scott

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Abattlemap 0.79f is commonly used here.  It is a mapping utility that lets you move pieces around the board, and it keeps track of income levels and total unit values as well.

triplea is also a nice program for beginners looking to learn the basics of other varients of the game (Pacific, Europe, Revised, etc) and it can be used to host games over the internet.

You might also want to look into Diceys on the net.(Webpages that roll the dice for you)  They’re always biased against me, but most people find the quite fair.  And they save you from rolling 40 dice for attacking infantry!

• I too have been away for years and just found this website.
    I tried the old classic game’s TCP/IP and it still works on my home network, so it should work on the internet.
    I guess people are using internet dice rollers to prevent cheats?
    Well, if someone wants to cheat to beat me, that’s ok, lol.
    I’d probably lose anyway!
    I only won about 1/3 of the games I played on the old MSN gaming site.
    Anyone up for trying out a TCP/IP game?

• Hey does anyone use Teamspeak or Ventrilo to actually have discussions during the game, or is everyone using Email, forums, or text chat?

Teamspeak works great and I have a Teamspeak server running 24/7 if anyone is interested.

• Wow! A lot has happened since I used to play. AAWC is a great resource! I got the 4.1 patch, nice work! The new WarZone takes over where MSN left off!  See you on the Zone!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m