• Only way I do it is to log back in…

• Ive written an email to the programmer of the Frood Calculator on the problem with the battleships, I hope he’ll fix the problem soon.

Another thing that could be great is a list of revised calculators, I really have a problem finding good software to do a calc on the big battles. So if anyone could post a few links I’d be very gratefull!

-Daniel

• What do people normally use for a dice server when they play online games against someone? What one works the best, or is the most efficient? I’ve never played online so I just want to know which one will be or should be the one I use.  And what does ADS stand for again? how does it work versus low luck or no luck.  I usually prefer the real dice so… yeah.

• ADS is “Actual Dice Server” it is totally random, just like roling actual dice (hence the name).

As for which Dicey…

I have never used Flames, so cannot speak to theirs.

AAMC and DAAK use the same site and program for actual combat, so they both are “down” with about the same frequency due to problems at RJWare.net. DAAK has its own pre-comabt frame though (purchase and moves).

• For anyone who may not have noticed, FROOD has revised their simulator to correct some of the errors (such as the BB issue).

The current version appears to have all the bugs worked out, including targetting FIGs and BOMs seperately with AA, several SUB options, a “take with land” option… and the ability to run up to 10,000 sims instead of just 1,000

• 2007 AAR League

Hey all - just noticed this thread while checking the pages that had linked to my AACalc page.

I’m glad I did because the e-mail option had never occurred to me before, but it should be pretty easy to add. The weekend is pretty busy, but by end of next week I would expect to have that operational.

The other thing needing work is that the newly correct rules for AA fire mean that the number of possible outcomes is greatly increased, with the result that the statistical breakdown becomes harder to read - a bunch of outcomes each occurring a very small percentage of the time.

What kind of output detail is best - simply
    "6 units remain 23% of the time
    5 units remain 14%
    4 units remain 9%

etc."?

Or should I make some attempt to add more data to that:
    eg. " 6 units remain (avg loss of 14.3 IPCs of units) - 23 % of the time"

or doing averaged values for IPC, count and punch as well? More data=more clutter, but also more useful? Perhaps a hover popup that shows further breakdown?

Also, do people care more about what they have surviving, or how much they have lost?

Dan (frood.net)

• Dan…

LOVE your sim!  Love the output as it is.  You have made a lot of folks here VERY happy!

If you do add an e-mail function, that would be fantastic, especially with as often as the other dicey’s are down for various reasons.

THANK YOU, on behalf of myself, and scores of other folks here at Axisandallies.org who have had the pleasure of using your site!

• I’ve been using Proton’s BattleSim

http://www.daak.de/hilfe/download/Proton BattleSim.zip

It’s got a nice interface, lets you alter how many calculations to run, and allows you to alter the OOL. Only thing is I don’t know how accurate it is.

I’ve noticed a couple of glitches with it though. If you do an amphibious assault with a BB shot, when you add the BB to the attacking forces, it adds 24 IPCs to your “IPC Spent”. Also, if the amphibious assault fails, then it includes the BB in your “Most Likely Loss of IPCs”. But you just have to remember to subtract 24 from that.

The other thing I noticed is that if you have 1 inf + 1 art attacking 1 inf, the attacker’s “Most Likely Loss of IPCs” is 0. However, if you have 2 inf + 1 art attacking 1 inf, the attacker’s MLLoI is 3. I’m not sure if this is a programming thing, or a statistical anomaly, but it doesn’t seem right to me.

Anyway, if anyone else uses it, I would be interested in their feedback.

• Dan,

Just saw that Frood now has e-mail notification.

THANK YOU!

I still need to check it out on some test rounds to confirm that it will work for all of us as we are used to.  Only thing that I can see right away is the ability to tag the e-mail with the location of the battle, and possible a round of combat number (expecially if combat gets rolled 1 round at a time to allow for customer order of loss declaration by an opponent).

And, if you do not mind, please send me a private note with your snail-mail addy.  I do not use pay pal or other online monetary transfers, but I am planning on making a contribution to help maintain the site as a thank you for your efforts, and to help preserve the site :-)

Also be sure to let me know how to make the check out :-)

• 2007 AAR League

All right, I’ve tinkered with the output a little more, including fixing a bug that only showed up in Internet Explorer (which I don’t use often). In IE the dice table was completely screwed up, I hope that didn’t turn a lot of people away. No one told me about it, so I don’t know how long this was a problem.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@frood:

All right, I’ve tinkered with the output a little more, including fixing a bug that only showed up in Internet Explorer (which I don’t use often). In IE the dice table was completely screwed up, I hope that didn’t turn a lot of people away. No one told me about it, so I don’t know how long this was a problem.

I think that’s because people who are smart enough and wise enough and good looking enough to play Axis and Allies also use other browers then the one bundled with windows. :)  But I might be a bit biased on my description of these people. hehe.

• As I recall from a previous discussion…

Most folks are using Firefox, and a few are using Opera.  I think the Opera and IE numbers were about the same (for those who responded).

Do not recall exactly, it was many months ago, and I did not go looking for the topic :-P

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

As I recall from a previous discussion…

Most folks are using Firefox, and a few are using Opera.  I think the Opera and IE numbers were about the same (for those who responded).

Do not recall exactly, it was many months ago, and I did not go looking for the topic :-P

I checked the stats for my site (and aacalc accounts for abou 80-90% of the traffic), and about 60% use IE, 35% use firefox, and the rest are Opera, unknown,  and Mozilla. Some freak apparently used the “links” browser.

Maybe IE users are just tired of reporting glitches and beind told that their browser should support standards (although in this case my code was broken)… or they don’t know how to copy and paste a URL into an an email.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@frood:

@ncscswitch:

As I recall from a previous discussion…

I checked the stats for my site (and aacalc accounts for abou 80-90% of the traffic), and about 60% use IE, 35% use firefox, and the rest are Opera, unknown,  and Mozilla. Some freak apparently used the “links” browser.

Maybe IE users are just tired of reporting glitches and beind told that their browser should support standards (although in this case my code was broken)… or they don’t know how to copy and paste a URL into an an email.

Or both, dear.  You forgot that option. :)

• @ncscswitch:

I have never used Flames, so cannot speak to theirs.

The dicey of Flames-of-Europe.de is almost identical to AAMC`s “New Dicey” (where maps are uploaded on the server). In fact, AAMC has taken over the FoE dicey and added a few features!

And to correct a small “misunderstanding”: you CAN recieve e-mails for everything (or parts) if you like (purchase, CM-declaration, CM-rolls and results, NCM, etc, …) if you cross that in your “settings”, but there is no need to recieve any mails as every info can be seen on the server!

• 2007 AAR League

combat results
    anglo taken mt
    feq taken loss of 1 inf
    congo taken no losses
    e europe taken loss of 2 inf

non combat moves
    1 dd sz12 to sz6
    2 trannys 1 dd sz4 to sz6 bridge 4 inf to norway
    4 fig e europe to sz6
    1 fig e europe to caucasus
    2 trannies sz2 to 1 lload 4 inf to sz2 unload in uk
    1 tranny sz10 load 2 inf to sz12 unload in algeria
    1 aa norway to kar
    1 bomber congo to libya
    1 tranny sz6 to sz2
    4 inf w canada to e canada
    2 arm w usa to e usa
    6  inf w usa to w canada

builds 4 1 arm w usa
    2 inf e usa 2 trannies sz10

usa collects 42

list units* Eastern Canada (Eca)
    2 Arm
    4 Inf

*** Eastern United States (Eus)
    1 IC
    2 Inf

*** United Kingdom (Gbr)
    4 Inf

*** Norway (Nwy)
    4 Inf

*** Eastern Europe (Eeu)
    2 Art
    2 Inf
    1 Flag

*** Karelia S.S.R. (Len)
    1 AA

*** Ukraine S.S.R. (Ukr)
    1 Ftr

*** Anglo Egypt (Egy)
    1 Inf

*** Libya (Lib)
    2 Inf
    1 Bmb
    1 Flag

*** Algeria (Alg)
    1 Flag
    2 Inf

*** Sahara (Sah)
    42 Flag

*** French Equatorial Africa (Feq)
    1 Arm

*** Belgian Congo (Cng)
    1 Inf
    1 Art

*** Midway Island (Mid)
    1 Inf

*** Western Canada (Wca)
    6 Inf

*** Western United States (Wus)
    1 IC
    1 AA
    4 Inf
    1 Arm

*** Greanland Seazone (GRN/Z2)
    3 Trn

*** North Sea (NOR/Z6)
    2 Des
    1 BB
    1 AC
    3 Trn
    4 Ftr

*** Eastern US Seazone (ECO/Z10)
    2 Trn

*** Belgian Congo Seazone (ASC/Z23)
    2 Trn

*** Spain Seazone (AZO/Z12)
    1 Trn

• I think that last post was in the wrong thread…

• 2007 AAR League

Haha how random

• 2007 AAR League

what a damn bloody mess

sz46 taken with 1 lone bb
    sfe and yakut taken mt

non combat moves
    1 tranny sz60 load 1 inf move to sz51 load 1 inf to sz60 unload in bury
    1 inf 1 art bury to yakut
    1bb 1 ac sz36 to sz60

builds 1 fig 3 trannies sz60

unit summary

• Yakut S.S.R. (Yak)
      1 Arm
      1 Inf
      1 Flag
      1 Art

*** Soviet Far East (Far)
    1 Flag

*** Buryatia S.S.R. (Bry)
    1 Flag
    2 Inf

*** China (Chi)
    1 Flag
    2 Inf

*** French Indochina (Fic)
    1 Inf

*** Saudi Arabia (Sar)
    33 Flag

*** Sahara (Sah)
    1 Flag

*** New Guinea (Ngu)
    1 Inf

*** Borneo (Bor)
    1 Inf

*** East Indies (Sum)
    2 Inf

*** Philippine Islands (Phi)
    2 Inf

*** Caroline Islands (Car)
    1 Inf

*** Okinawa (Oki)
    1 Inf

*** Japan (Jpn)
    1 AA
    1 IC
    1 Art
    4 Inf

*** East Japan Seazone (EJS/Z60)
    4 Trn
    1 AC
    1 BB
    1 Ftr

*** Solomon Islands Seazone (SOS/Z46)
    1 BB

• 2007 AAR League

I think this was posted to the wrong thread…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m