• Thanks for clearing it up, knp and Pancake.
    Although I am none the wiser because you said different things ;-). Nvm though, it is not really important.

On topic again, I can only somewhat repeat myself with a little correction: 12-20 turns in [?variable amount] hours, if the allies managed to stay alive and to keep the game undecided up to turn 7.

• Against equal level opponents…

Average of 12 rounds…with some going as low as 10 and as high as 14.  If a player loses by rounds 7-9 then they are playing a stronger player and are outmatched- In that case…up the bid for the weaker player next time.

• '14 Customizer

I use David Skelly’s app calculator every single game.  Love to know my percentage chance of success and the number of units surviving.  We also go a step further in our games.  We have a laptop that we edit moves in TripleA each turn to keep a history of the progress.  This way if there is a chip count discrepancy it can be clarified by the computer.  Everyone in our group is either a programmer or an engineer of some sort so all of us use battle calculators as well as log/edit info in the game.  Also a nice thing about that is when we stop the game to replay later its already saved.  No more taking pictures and counting chips with pixels, lol.

• yeah skelly’s app is the best. :-D

• @ItIsILeClerc:

Thanks for clearing it up, knp and Pancake.
    Although I am none the wiser because you said different things ;-). Nvm though, it is not really important.

On topic again, I can only somewhat repeat myself with a little correction: 12-20 turns in [?variable amount] hours, if the allies managed to stay alive and to keep the game undecided up to turn 7.

Sorry, I wasn’t communicating what I meant very well. knp has it right.

I use Skelly’s app too. It’s fantastic.

• I totally agree. Use a timer like in chess. Real life commanders do have a lot of time pressure, and if they wait too long, the window of opportunity will pass. Why should a wannabe A&A general Rommel have the luxury of spending the time it takes to sit back in his armchair and let the BC do the math ? The real Rommel slept in a tent, got bit by mosquitos and starved like his men, and he had to attack in a hurry before the Brits attacked him.

I agree with the above. When my group plays, we use a houserule that every nation has 20 minutes from phase 1 to combat rolling. Going over costs 1 IPC per minute. It ensures the game moves smoothly and that people don’t just sit there “thinking” all day… We just want to play a game not lose a year of our lives haha. Also, if the next nation can start making it’s moves without interfering with the current player’s turns (and players agree to do this) we just start them going at the same time (Best example is Italy Anzac).

Also as a side note. Sitting there using a calculator defeats the purpose of playing a game. It’s a matter of your skill and ability to size up a battle. Not using a computer to play in place of yourself. I won’t stop someone from using a calculator…but they have 20 minutes. Use it wisely. :P

• TripleA

You can also speed the game up drastically by starting everyone at war including the USA. Yes everyone at war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m