• North & South for the NES holds a special place in my heart.

Download an emulator and the ROM to check it out.

• Jermofoot, my local Blockbuster eventually gifted me their copy since I was the only person who rented it for the year and a half it was in their store.

Funny, they did the same thing with P.T.O. for the SNES.

• @unc_samurai:

Jermofoot, my local Blockbuster eventually gifted me their copy since I was the only person who rented it for the year and a half it was in their store.

Funny, they did the same thing with P.T.O. for the SNES.

Blockbusters still rent NES/SNES games?  I thought you only found them in homes and on eBay.

• Nah, this was about 12 years ago that the store gave it to me

• If You can find any of the games by Avalon Hill in the Great Campaigns Of The American Civil War series pick it up and give it a try. Old fashioned AH counter tabletop game. Not too complex. The maps are top notch. Each one comes with multiple scenarios. Here’s a site that shows them all;

http://www.gcacw.com/

• Three Battles of Manassas looks really good if you want to get really in depth.  Second Manassas is one of the most astounding and forgotten battles of that war.  The third is a ‘what if.’

RE Lee CWG is good and I wish I could get part 2 to work.

• I’ve been wanting to get the Sid Meier games.
    As for boards, Battle Cry looks a lot like Memoir '44, which I have not played.  How is that for quick games that don’t require a history lesson or an explanation of Wargames to the person I want to play against?

• I just finished a civil war game… i will post pictures soon… you lucky people.

• @Imperious:

I just finished a civil war game… i will post pictures soon… you lucky people.

It better have randy wenches in it.  Otherwise I’ll be sad.    :cry:

• Damn…that looks pretty cool.
    Is it done, and how much?
    Also, why is the map so concentrated?  Is it because of the victory conditions (i.e. take D.C. = over for the Union)?

• Is it done, and how much?

++++Yes, cost $240.00 for map and rules the map is 4x3 feet ( high price is cost of printing on uber high quality plastic tiles… will last a lifetime without any wear.

Also, why is the map so concentrated?  Is it because of the victory conditions (i.e. take D.C. = over for the Union)?

Concentrated? not sure what you mean…

victory conditions:

Confederate Victory:

1. Decisive: Conquest of Washington D.C. at the end of any turn.
    2. Substantive: Control 10 Victory Cities at the end of any complete game turn. (Victory Cities = Cities with a red symbol and all naval ports).
    3. Marginal: Deny the Union player any form of victory before the 20th turn.

Union Victory:

1. Decisive: Capture Richmond and all southern state capitals
    2. Substantive: Control 20 Victory Cities at the end of any complete game turn.
      (Victory Cities = Cities with a red symbol and all naval ports).
    3. Marginal: Control 10 Victory Cities at the end of any complete game turn.

• Gettysburg by Avalon Hill -boardgame : pretty good, but hard to find (out of print)
    Antietam by Talon Software -hex based PC game great game, can get boring though
    Gettysburg by Talon Software -same as Antietam
    Sid Meier’s Gettysburg -five stars as a top notch out of print PC game (this title is scarce, but you can find free downloads of the demo online)
    Sid Meier’s Antietam - five more stars

I don’t know of any other civil war games, but I hope this helps.

• North and south for nintendo

• Actually, if you are looking for something more new and cutting edge, you might want to try out this http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1556/The-History-Channel-Civil-War/p1

:-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m