American Civil War Boardgame Worth Getting???

• Hi again,

I just checked Eagle Games’ site and they have this game on promotion for $29.99 US. About $45-50 for us Canucks. Throw in the god-awful US $10 Canadian shipping and it’ll be $60-65.

I’ve never seen this game sold in Canada (yet). But I’m guessing it I do find it somewhere it’ll be $90-100 like Civilization (ouch).

Anyone know how good this game is?

How does this game compare to Avalon’s Battlecry? Which is better? I’ve seen Battlecry selling in stores. Not sure how much but I’m guessing maybe $60 Cdn.

Thanks everyone.

• Ghoul where are you?
    YOU know the answer to this.
    We need you!!
    :)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Don’t they have the Game Keeper chain of stores in the malls of Canada? I’ve seen all the Eagle Games there.

• Don’t they have the Game Keeper chain of stores in the malls of Canada? I’ve seen all the Eagle Games there.

I’ve never heard of this chain. But I’ve never gone out of my way to look for stores that specialize in more obscure boardgames.

For me, I check Dufferin Games and Mind Games if I’m strolling in the nearby mall. If I see something I like (A&A Europe), I give Toys R Us a ring to see if they have it, since it’s way cheaper there.

A&A Europe is $70-80 at Duff and MG. At Toys R Us, it’s $50.

The only Eagle Games I’ve seen that I can remember is Civilization at MG going for $99.99!

I’m interested to hear if American Civ is good, since MG does have Battlecry in store.

• BUY IT!!

The American Civil War game by Eagle Games is one of the best games for that war. Its not perfect but I think you will love it. I havn’t gotten it myself right now, I’m buying computer games right now. But I will get it soon enough.

Battle Cry is just about the battles. Good game as well. Get it as well.

• Buy It!!!

Civil War is second to none! :)
    It comes with the best combat system ever made IMO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m