• Hey guys, in the new 1942 version of Global, do the Mongolian rules still apply with Japan and Russia or no???

Great to see this on TripleA now.

On a side topic, I’m wondering if the AA franchise with its current lineup: AA41, AA42, AAG40/G42 and AA1914 has now closed the book and turned the page and an epic run of 30 years.  Unless they milk some kind of “Gold” edition (I wouldn’t put it past WOTC to milk more $$$$$ out of franchise) I don’t know if we’ll see anything more than what we’ve seen realistically.  Honestly, I think the franchise is over.  Sure there will always be those that clamour for super detailed variant versions but they mostly go unheard.  What do you think???

• Official Q&A

@questioneer:

Hey guys, in the new 1942 version of Global, do the Mongolian rules still apply with Japan and Russia or no???

Yes.

• Customizer

@questioneer:

Hey guys, in the new 1942 version of Global, do the Mongolian rules still apply with Japan and Russia or no???

Great to see this on TripleA now.

On a side topic, I’m wondering if the AA franchise with its current lineup: AA41, AA42, AAG40/G42 and AA1914 has now closed the book and turned the page and an epic run of 30 years.  Unless they milk some kind of “Gold” edition (I wouldn’t put it past WOTC to milk more $$$$$ out of franchise) I don’t know if we’ll see anything more than what we’ve seen realistically.  Honestly, I think the franchise is over.  Sure there will always be those that clamour for super detailed variant versions but they mostly go unheard.  What do you think???

I don’t think the franchise is dead at all. It takes a while to get these games into production. We just had a ton of releases in late 2012, so just because there isn’t anything “stewing in the pot” so to speak, doesn’t mean it’s dead. A 2016-18 release of AA42 “third edition” will most likely happen.

• Customizer

I hold out hope that some new edition will eventually come out with the French getting their own units.
    Perhaps WOTC will come out with their own 1939 variant.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of a Spring 1945 version, hee hee hee.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

I hold out hope that some new edition will eventually come out with the French getting their own units.
    Perhaps WOTC will come out with their own 1939 variant.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of a Spring 1945 version, hee hee hee.

What they need to make is a global with the potential of having different starting years and scenarios. So you could have a 1939 or 1945 scenario. Maybe have a scenario where Russia joins the Axis etc. etc.

I think it could be done pretty easily.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

What they need to make is a global with the potential of having different starting years and scenarios. So you could have a 1939 or 1945 scenario. Maybe have a scenario where Russia joins the Axis etc. etc.

I think it could be done pretty easily.

You know, when Germany started building up their armed forces (Plan Zed, etc.), Hitler told his generals that he did not plan for a war until 1946. By that time, they would have had a bigger navy with more battleships, cruisers and even their own aircraft carriers. I wonder how much more powerful Germany would have been by then. And what about the Allies. Would they have started building up their armed forces as well? I know that Stalin was trying to build up the Soviet forces and get them in better morale shape after all of his purges. That was his main reason for the non-aggression pact with Germany. How much stronger would the Soviets have been?
    I have often wondered about what if Hitler decided not to back up Japan and declare war on the United States. Would we have entered the European conflict anyway? Or would we have just went out against Japan. Roosevelt and Churchill had already decided on a “Germany First” policy and as a result, the Pacific theater only got about 30% of the US resources. Yet we still kicked Japan’s butt. Imagine if they had to face 100% of US resources. Would Britain and Russia have been able to contend with Germany on their own? We might have ended up with a cold war between the US and Germany after all was said and done.

• 2007 AAR League

I think what also helped the USA in the Pacific was the type of war it was; wasn’t the majority of the Japanese land forces fighting in China? The USA could use their wealth of equipment and air-power to good use this way.

I like the idea of the different start-ups and scenarios and maybe more victory conditions for the Global Games.

I don’t think WW2 Axis & Allies games are dead either; I like the idea of more Theater type games as well like:
    Eastern Front (have lots of territories; maybe make good use of rail-roads and blitzkrieg tactics etc… have extra "special infantry to represent the SS and other stuff)
    Stalingrad would be cool…
    Kursk would be cool…

Maybe some form of Atlantic Battles (subs vs convoys etc…)
    Maybe some form of Battle of Britain (air battles) or some form of Bombing strategy game of the allies vs Germany (air battles).

I think there’s lots of games and ways they could still go.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m